“Beautiful B&B in a Great Location”
Review of Belle View Inn

Belle View Inn
Ranked #64 of 96 Newport B&B and Inns
Reviewed 22 June 2009

We had a great stay at the Belle View Inn, the proprietors were extremely nice and accommodated us for a late night arrival the first night we were there. The room was very large and beautifully furnished, the entire house was in immaculate condition.

I would highly recommend this B&B which is right in the heart of downtown Newport, RI.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 22 June 2009

I had an amazing time in Newport; what a beautiful town.The beauty continued as I drove up to the B&B I had reservations to stay at, the Belle View Inn.This was my first time in Newport so the lovely proprietor was so helpful with things to see, how far they were, whether it was a walkable distance or not.The room had a canopy bed and a nice size bathroom and when I was ready to relax a sitting room to watch tv or read. I will will will return and bring my husband. He can play golf and I was told where the closest course was and I can shop,shop,shop! All and all a very relaxing visit to beautiful Newport!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 June 2009

I love staying at the Belle View Inn. The accommodations are wonderful. The Inn is within walking distance of everything. You can have an go for an earl morning walk by the Cliff Walk. In the afternoon you can walk into Newport for shopping and lunch. The service is also outstanding! This is definitely one of the best places to stay in Newport.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 September 2008

A friend and I spent four nights at the Belleview Inn and were very happy with our experience. The inn is well appointed and clean. We stayed in the Grand View suite which had a wonderful balcony on which to relax after a long day of walking.

The Inn is located between the Cliff Walk area (about 10 - 15 minute walk) and the wharf areas (also about a 15 minute walk). It is very convenient to the trolley stop by the International Tennis Hall of Fame.

Lorna and all those that we talked to at the Belleview Inn were so nice! Plenty of advice on where to eat, what to see and what to do.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 May 2008

This Inn is very clean and quaint. Right in the heart of newport and easy to walk to shops and restaurants. We liked the downtown location b/c after dinner there is no need to get a cab which can be tough in newport. Staff is very friendly & they have a nice little breakfast in the morning. We stay here every year.

Stayed: August 2007
Reviewed 15 November 2007

This was my Fiance & I's second visit to the Belle View Inn and Newport over the past 2 years. We love it & Newport so much I popped the question in the Freebody Park Suite! It is a great B&B and you will find no greater deal in Newport. It is centrally located to both Cliff Walk and the warfs. It seems like a lot of walking but it is worth it because parking in downtown Newport and Cliff Walk can be tough. The location is next to a shopping center but this does not bother us (it actually comes in handy for picking up stuff). The rooms are beautiful, huge and really well appointed. You actually get your own separate sitting room with a fridge. Breakfast is a standard continental breakfast that you can bring up to your room. This may seem different than other B&B's but I'm sure that's what keeps the prices so reasonable. Lorna & everyone else is always so nice and accommodating. They'll tell you all the sites to see. We truly feel so relaxed when we go and it is the best bang for the buck in Newport. We'll definitely will be back!!

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 4 November 2007

When I called to reserve the room at this Inn I asked, was it close to the cliffs/sea, I was told yes we are right on the cliff. It was not, it's a good 10-15min walk away. I asked was it in a quite area, I was told yes it was in a quiet residential street. It was next to a busy sports ground, over the road from the loading dock for a grocery market and the house behind was having major building work done on it. This made it difficult to use the garden/balcony as the builders were right there.

Breakfast wasn't exactly exciting, bread,muffins,fruit, plus you had to carry it back to your room, there was no breakfast room!The room was clean and well eqipped.

However our main problem was the T.V noise coming from the owners accomadation downstairs late at night. On the second night I went down at about 11.30pm and tentively knocked on the door to ask if it could be turned down and got a very unfriendly response!! Which made for an uncomfortable stay thereafter.

Newport is great place to explore, we loved the mansion houses and trolley tour

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled with family