“Poor way to do business...”
Review of Inns of Newport

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Newport
Inns of Newport
Ranked #45 of 96 Newport B&B and Inns
Reviewed 13 December 2012

I stayed at the clarkson back in August. I paid for part of it over the phone to hold my reservation and upon my arrival gave the owner my credit card to charge the rest. He took my card and went to his computer came back and said I was all set. It is now December and I receive an email that I wasn't charged for the second night. This is months after the fact and I was not expecting this expense. I explained the situation to them and asked if they would be willing to reduce the cost since this is months later and an unplanned expense. I was told that they were only emailing me to let me know that they would be charging my card.This is a poor way to do business.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank sarah201287
ANewporter, Owner at Inns of Newport, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2013

Through a review of guest receipts, we found that this guest had not been charged for the second night's stay. In processing the charge at a later date, we apologize for any inconvenience that this caused.

Reviewed 11 November 2012

My sister, cousin and i stayed at the Clarkston Inn in Newport this last summer for 2 wonderful nights. The owner Rick was very friendly and helpful, a really great host who greeted us each morning and checked to make sure we had a good night sleep and if we needed anything. We loved the breakfast room - a great start to the day with a really delicious breakfast and neat antiques in the room.. The location can't be beat, so close we could walk to the harbor, stores and restaurants.. The staff was very helpful and gave us great suggestions for restaurants and entertainment. We had an excellent time, loved the inn - and our rooms were so comfortable - lots of very nice touches in each room - very comfy beds. We can't wait to come back. Really nice to stay in such an old historic building that is so cared for. Stay there - you will love it and keep coming back.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 October 2012

The Inns at Newport are 6 houses on 2 beautiful streets close to the harbour, restaurants, and many attractions. We could park there and walk - a good thing in crowded Newport. The owner and staff were very friendly, helpful and accomodating, and although Newport was full, they gave us our choice of rooms. Breakfast was flexibly timed, tasty, but simple and we could make tea or get coffee any time of day.Our room was clean, quiet, comfortable and pretty. I did wish there was a comfy couch or even chair in the main lounge so I could enjoy reading my book and a cup of tea in the evening. The price was excellent. We would definitely return here.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 October 2012

We just returned from a trip there and we feel we had the best possible experience Newport can offer in our price range. We've stayed with Inns of Newport for several years in a row and think it's the best value for Newport charm. The locations are transporting, making one feel as though one has gone back in time. The staff is friendly and helpful, breakfast is hearty and tasty and served promptly in a small but very elegant room. We often fire up our fireplace and dine at "home". And speaking of "home", the Clarkston is so familiar to us now, when we arrive it IS like coming home. And it's always great to be there. It's comforting to know that such care is taken of these historic structures, and that they are appreciated by people from many countries. Go there, and enjoy!

Room Tip: There are no elevators in these old buildings.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 September 2012

Great Freedom Adventures’ guests on bike tours this summer and fall lived a bit of Newport history in staying at the lovely Inns of Newport. The inn is within the historic district and walking distance to shops, restaurants and the wharf. The rooms are decorated with period-style furnishings and modern amenities. Our guests enjoyed the beautiful rooms and cooked-to-order breakfasts. A good sleep followed by a hearty breakfast – just perfect for bike tour guests! Rick is the ultimate host and he and his staff went out of their way to help and to make sure that we had everything we needed. We look forward to our next stay.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 September 2012

We stayed in the Clarkston Inn. The room was very nicely appointed with period style furniture. The hot morning breakfast was excellent with a nice selection of fresh fruit and juice and coffee on top of the pancackes, eggs, etc. Parking go a little tight at times but at least there were two dedicated lots for the guests. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The bath room looked a little worn but was clean and spacious. There was no hair dryer but the front desk was happy to supply one.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 September 2012

My husband and I were on our honeymoon and we wanted a quiet, charming place to stay. We were not disappointed at the Clarkston. We arrived late morning and were able to check in early. Rick gave us the keys to a few rooms to compare and we chose a second floor room at the Clarkston. Breakfast was great. We had fresh fruit and juice and were able to order eggs, pancakes, French toast and breakfast meats. The location was in walking distance of downtown shops and restaurants as well as the waterfront. The staff was friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: We chose a king room at the Clarkston. It was quiet, clean, fairly large and had a good size bathroo...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple