We found the vanderbilt through tripadvisor for a last minute getaway to newport for the long weekend. amazingly, we were able to find rooms available - which made me suspicous at first. i think the rooms were available because the hotel's restaurant was under construction. anyway, we were able to get the 500 sq ft suite for a great deal.
1) Location is amazing - we have stayed in newport before, but this hotel's location is perfect for walking to all the stores, restaurants, etc.
2) Champagne brunch - included with room, good food and free champagne
3) Beautiful suite - this hotel is a converted mansion with real character to each room
4) Amazing service - very friendly staff and attentive to all needs
we've been to newport twice - once we stayed at chanler - cliff walk. both are amazing hotels, but i'd give the edge to chanler based purely on the hotel (rooms, bathrooms, etc). however, if you want to stay downtown, you can't beat vanderbilt.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grace Vanderbilt is a quintessential Newport mansion with 33 guest rooms and suites, full service spa with indoor and outdoor swimming pools, fitness center, roof terrace with amazing views of Newport Harbor and two restaurants. Experience our newly renovated, elegant restaurant Muse or enjoy casual a la carte dining at The Conservatory, serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Odigeo, Ebookers, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grace Vanderbilt reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vanderbilt Grace Hotel Newport
- Vanderbilt Hall Newport
- Hotel Vanderbilt Hall