Grace Vanderbilt
Hotel Viking(Newport)
Gilded(Newport)
The Attwater(Newport)
View Hotel
All reviewsglass of champagneloft suiterooftop barindoor poolold mansionluxury hotelwonderful hotelthames streetgilded agehistoric buildingrhode islandlong weekendnew englandvalet parkingnewport harborbeautiful roomgreat weekend
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 April 2012

Excellent staff, excellent rooms, great experience. Never written a TripAdvisor review before, but experience was so good, thought I would. Also, location is perfect. The breakfast was really good. The renovation made it feel very nice and modern, but still had a nice Newport classical feel. All around great weekend travel experience. Highly recommend hotel.

Reviewed 27 April 2012

My husband and I took our 6 month old baby on her very first vacation and stayed at the Vanderbilt Grace. What the other reviewers have noted are true - the hotel is beautiful, the location can't be beat, and the staff is amazing. Breakfast was delicious and while we didn't get to use the indoor pool, we did walk by the outdoor pool which was next to a beautiful garden.

We stayed in a suite to accommodate a crib and it was spacious. The only complaint I have is the level of noise - and since we were traveling with a baby, we were very sensitive to it. We could hear everything taking place in the hallway as if it were taking place in our own room, and unfortunately our neighbors seemed to be part of a large wedding party or a group traveling together so there was a lot of talking in the hallway. The doors shut very loudly as well. And again, I say this from the point of view of someone traveling with a baby. If you are not sitting in your room in absolute silence, you probably wouldn't notice these things.

The hotel does charge extra for cribs and the crib itself looked worn on the surface but did its job. If you're traveling with a baby, I recommend bringing a white noise machine.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank GoddessKris
Reviewed 26 April 2012

The Vanderbilt Grace is a quaint, modern hotel based in the heart of Newport. The service we received was beyond my expectations. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a relaxing weekend in Newport. We also dined in The Muse - The Muse restaurant served great food, in a nice environment with the fire on and a Piano playing.

Thank you to all the staff at Vanderbilt for making our 1st Wedding Anniversary one to remember.

Room Tip: We stayed in a room in which you could hear the church bells ring every hour through the night, if I stayed again I would ask to stay in a different room.
Reviewed 23 April 2012

I took by boyfriend to the Vanderbilt Grace to celebrate his 50th birthday over the weekend. All I can say is WOW! I was looking for an elegant, dog friendly establishment as we have a very sweet but large black lab, I wasn't sure I would be able to find something to fit the bill. The Vanderbilt Grace not only fit the bill, but exceeded our expectations. From the moment you walk in you are made to feel special and welcome. You are greeted by the very friendly and accomodating staff with a glass of champagne upon arrival and are greeted like a long time guest. We had booked a Jr. Suite and upon our arrival they had upgraded us to a beautiful suite on the first floor with a wood burning fireplace! I had requested balloons, Asti (which they don't carry but got for us), and chocolate covered strawberries for our arrival as a surprise for my boyfriend, it was perfect! We had a duet massage in the hotel's spa, I would highly recommend it, it was wonderful. The included breakfast that we had in the conservatory was very nice and they make a nice and spicy bloody mary (not included but worth it). Each night the hotel had our fire going for us upon our return from the evenings festivities. We did not try Muse this time, but will in the future as we definately plan to be back. Sunday we decided to have the breakfast in our room, also included, it was a very special treat! A special thanks to Joe the porter who helped us upon our arrival, set up our fireplace, and helped us upon checkout. He really made you feel not only like a special guest but as an old friend. All of the staff also embodied this quality and I cannot say enough about them. And Romeo, our dog, he couldn't have been happier. I found Vanderbilt Grace through Tripadvisor and am so glad I did. If you have a special occasion and can afford to splurge look no further, you will not be disappointed!

Room Tip: Room 102 on the first floor has a wood burning fireplace and is very queit!
Reviewed 16 April 2012

My wife and I needed to de-stress so we decided on a weekend getaway from New York. The Vanderbilt Grace was everything we had hoped for ...and more! We had a Loft Suite: immaculate, beautifully decorated, very romantic. Smoke-free, too, as is the entire Hotel. We had dinner at the Hotel's fine dining restaurant, The Muse, which we chose over a local favorite that we had enjoyed many years ago during our last stay in Newport. And we were very happy we did. We also had breakfast and brunch at the hotel. The food was spectacular (recommend chocolate croissants for breakfast and swordfish for dinner). The front desk and wait staff treated us like royalty...it had been quite some time since we stayed at a hotel where the staff stood when we entered the room. We also got massages at the Hotel's spa and enjoyed the rooftop deck, both of which were very relaxing. We are looking forward to a return trip. Great choice for a romantic weekend!

2  Thank EDL548