“What a fantastic way to spend a weekend!”
Review of Grace Vanderbilt

Grace Vanderbilt
Ranked #6 of 21 Hotels in Newport
East Freetown, Massachusetts
“What a fantastic way to spend a weekend!”
Reviewed 6 March 2014 via mobile

My wife and I spent 2 amazing days. The staff took care of all of our needs from the moment we arrived until the moment we left. From Kodi at the bar and her amazing original cocktails, Alli in the spa and Fleur our servers, we couldn't have been treated better. Thank you Vanderbilt Grace!

2 Thank mkitch68

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
Beverly, Massachusetts
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Good Time in Newport, R.I. Vanderbilt Grace We spoiled ourselves and went for Valentines Day in Newport. The Vanderbilt had plenty to offer. In house Dvds no charge . I Pad 4 nites no charge , In House Massage, Pool , Sauna, 2 Resturants. Finer Dinning in one and Casual Dinning at the other. Both had Good food . Dinner Drinks at Bar. or Table side. Close to DownTown , All a walk away.

Room Tip: We were in the Suite , It was Great.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Ron41463
Newport, Rhode Island
Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

We had an amazing stay at the Vanderbilt Grace. The hotel is beautiful with friendly and professional service. I would like to live there!
The hot stone massage was incredible.
We ate in the bar area of Muse and it was very cozy with great service and food.

2 Thank eksq
Winchester, Massachusetts
Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

I just left a weekend without kids at the Vanderbilt Grace. The hotel was clean and comfortable. The staff couldn't have been more accommodating. The room was unbelievably comfortable and the shower amazing. Every night the turn down service leaves a generous portion of home made chocolate score bar type of candy and apples in your room. I loved that touch. I would have given a fifth star but the spa and workout room weren't exactly what I was hoping for. The massage was good but the space didn't feel very relaxing. The workout room was super tiny. Finally, the restaurant food was only ok in my opinion compared to the numerous excellent choices in Newport. I would go back but would plan all of my meals out. If you don't need the spa and are willing to go out to different restaurants this is a perfect stay.

1 Thank Nicole S
dartmouth, ma
Reviewed 6 February 2014

I stayed at the Vanderbilt Grace for a birthday treat. They were so very attentive to everything one needs for a nice hotel stay. I had a fabulous room, upgraded from my reservation, spacious, comfortable bed, with a great roof top view of Newport. The spa, pool, and gym were clean, pleasant and easily accessed from the locker rooms. We ate at the Muse, I would highly recommend. the food and presentation were amazing. The hotel is located in the center of Newport, walking distance to majority of the sights, shopping and restaurants. I would absolutely go back again. Newport is enjoyable both in winter and summer.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Stratham, New Hampshire
Reviewed 4 January 2014

We just returned from a wonderful stay at this top-notch property in charming and lovely Newport, Rhode Island. The hotel has all the right touches: great service (very attentive without being overbearing), terrific atmosphere, great food and a perfect location right in the center of town. You can walk all over Newport. We visited the Touro Synagogue and Marble House, the Vanderbilt Mansion. We had champagne and cheese in our room, which is always a really nice touch. (And it's good champagne, not Korbel!) The amenities are definitely top drawer -- Dean & DeLuca snacks, Penhaglion products in the large and well appointed bathroom. A great choice for a charming town!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank blondventures
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 3 January 2014

My wife and I really enjoyed our stay at the Vanderbilt Grace on our recent visit to Newport. The hotel is small enough to feel intimate, but not so small as to invade your sense of privacy.

We stayed in a junior suite on the third floor. Overall, the room was nice. Initially, the room felt a bit uncomfortable because of the odd angles caused by the roof line. But, once we got used to that, the room felt very cozy. One minor knock on the room is that the carpet could stand an update.

While it didn't bother me too much, light sleepers (like my wife) should avoid this room. The roof/room was very loud when the wind blew during the night. (And, I don't think it was a particularly windy night the night that we stayed.)

The hotel is conveniently located within walking distance of the dining and shopping along the historic wharfs.

We ended our stay on a high note enjoying a truly excellent champagne breakfast.

The staff at the Vanderbilt delivered from when we arrived until when we left. We really appreciated the small things, like the valet leaving us a couple of bottles of water for the road when he brought the car around when we were leaving.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple