“Great Place to Stay!!”
Review of Grace Vanderbilt

Grace Vanderbilt
Ranked #8 of 21 Hotels in Newport
Reviewed 6 June 2010

I have been to the best hotels in the world and the service here was the best ever. My wife and I were astonished at the friendliness, the attention to detail and the way that the staff went out of its way to accommodate everything and anything we wanted.

The General Manager went out of his way to resolve an issue we had with a chauffeur company and it really wasn't even his problem! Amazing, I have never been so impressed with any hotel anywhere on the planet like I was with this one.

If you are going to Newport, RI, don't miss this place!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 25 April 2010

Just returned from Newport. I can't say enough about this hotel. The furnishings, artwork, ambiance ....are unrivaled. In addition the staff could not have been more attentive, the room was high end, spotless, and the location is steps away from Thames St. From the outside , you would never know this was a hotel; on the inside you feel like you just walked into a museum of American Art Illustrations. It manages to be very elegant and comfortable at the same time. One of the nicest hotel experiences I have ever had.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bandit1
Reviewed 25 April 2010

My wife and I have stayed in a lot of hotels in a lot of cities. This is undoubtedly one of the most beautiful hotels, with some of the best service, of any place we have ever stayed. This hotel is a hidden gem. The service of James and the whole staff could not have been better or friendlier. The hotel is beautiful and filled with artwork, the breakfast was delicious in a gorgeous conservatory and the rooms was beautifully decorated. It was obvious that their reason for living was for our stay at their hotel to be our best hotel experience ever. They succeeded.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Whalingcitytraveler
Reviewed 24 April 2010

The Vanderbilt Hall Hotel was very accommodating to us when we decided to take our seven month old daughter on her first trip. We wanted something comfortable, pleasant, and relaxing. We weren't looking to spend a ton of money, and you may ask why we would then consider Newport and the Vanderbilt Hall, but for the price, for the time we went, we thought it worth a shot and worth the treat. While it may have been exceptional circumstances, as we were there mid-week in late March, it was lousy weather, and it was certainly not a busy time for Newport, Jeff, the on-call manager, treated us as a regular, and the staff was attentive to us at every end. His area recommendations were very helpful. The hotel itself is remarkably clean, as it has been completely redone, and the pool and sauna were a joy to spend time in. The fitness center is small. Our suite was spacious, with lofty ceilings and windows and was very open and naturally lit. It is elegantly charming, sophisticated, and in some regards, slightly extravagant. Monty's was a perfect choice for breakfast, their applewood smoked bacon sticks in my memory as the best I've ever tasted. The service there, as well, was nothing less than exceptional. I can only hope that they remain open to the public, as they are looking to become a private members club, and as a young parent that drives an old Honda, I'm probably not part of their usual, or summer, clientele.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 April 2010

My brother booked my sister-inlaws surprise 50th birthday party at Vanderbilt hall. What an amazing hotel. Everything was beyond our expectations. We stayed in 13 of the 33 rooms/suites. They were large and Luxurious to say the least. The staff was friendly, knowledgeable and attentive . They went out of there way to make sure everything went off without a hitch. They are just finishing a multi million dollar renovation. I can't imagine what the end result will be. A world class hotel I'm sure. It was evening we will all remember for a very long time. Thanks Again Caron

• Stayed: February 2010
Reviewed 21 March 2010

This was rated the #1 hotel in Newport before our trip - we haven't stayed at other hotels there yet, but this hotel didn't disappoint. Service everywhere was friendly and attentive. Location is perfect, everything is walking distance. We had the loft suite, which was very interesting and cool. Lots of nice touches, and by the summer I believe they will have the rooftop deck ready with jacuzzi, will be even nicer. Breakfast was good as well.

Would wholeheartedly recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 March 2010

Au contraire to the previous posting that this hotel lacks charm. Vanderbilt Hall exudes ultimate charm and more. Recently reinvented by Peter de Savary, the hotel offers more charm than one can ever expect. I recently stayed with the hotel in a lovely room offering the very best and latest in creature comforts. The staff is exceptional, the service is world-class, and what Peter de Savary has brought to this hotel is a whole new level of hospitality for Newport. I cannot say enough. Monty's Pub and Dining Room is comfortable and intimate and offers not only local seasonal dishes, but my favorite British comforts. And, the one thing that I cannot comment enough on is the old world gilded age glamour that this hotel offers. De Savary's private collection of American Illustration Art adds marvelous ambience that very few other hotels offer. Bravo Vanderbilt Hall. You are what Newport has been waiting for!

Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple