“Honest Folks - Fair Price.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Newport
Thames Street Guest House
Ranked #50 of 95 Newport B&B and Inns
Reviewed 15 September 2010

I had to book a lodging at Newport about a week before my day of arrival. I have looked around and finally decide to try Thames Street Guest House. Gary was awesome on the phone and gave me a very fair price for a room, when compared to what others are asking for.

When I arrived, I have a great surprise - I got a room with a separate bedroom. The room was clean, well put together, and not over cluttered. Gary and his wife are nice. Their home made muffins (especially the banana nuts) are to kill for.

With Gary's help, I am able to park my car at no additional cost. Considering how difficult it is to find parking space there, this is an awesome perk.

Thames Street Guest House is located just "outside" the central tourist region. It is about 2 block or so from it. I like the location because I can get away from all those "tourists" and the noise when I had enough, and easily walk to it without driving if I would just like to go to an eatery or shop.

I highly recommend this B&B.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Thames Street Guest House

Reviewed 12 September 2010

I was looking for play to stay for my nieces wedding over the weekend and called and checked out the reviews of several places close to the wedding reception.
I called Gary and left a message-- he called back in 5 minutes. I told him what I needed and he offered me 2 large rooms with a private bath.
It was perfect for myself, wife and daughter.
The two evenings there was quiet, clean and the blueberry muffins are the best in RI.
Great hosts, excellent location and a beautiful house.

I will go back..

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 September 2010

This B & B was very clean and quiet. Just a few blocks away from the shops & restaurants. We have been twice this summer and enjoyed our stay. Highly recommend this B & B. Owners very pleasant and accomodating.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 July 2010

I have stayed at Thames House numerous times. The location is perfect to enjoy the shops, restaurants and nightlife of Newport. The inn keepers have been long time residents of Newport and can recommend the city's best hidden gems. If you are looking for convenience and comfort I would highly reccomend the Thames House Guest House.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 May 2010

If you're looking for a fabulous experience in Newport, RI...look no further. The Thames Street Guest House, has been a favorite destination for my wife and I, for over 20 years.
We love the rooms...and we have stayed in ALL of them, at one time or another, and all have a unique and distinct feel to them. The mornings are the same since we've been going there...The smell of oven fresh muffins and coffee in the morning, make you feel quite at home. Once you ride the aroma of the muffins and coffee downstairs, you're greeted by Gary and Patti, and sometimes thier daughter Kelly.There is a wide assortment of beautiful fresh fruits, cereals, and exotic teas, to choose from. Gary and Patti are the very friendly inn keepers, who are full of very helpful information. Wether you're looking for the best restaurants, fishing, sightseeing, golf, ect., Gary and Patti will guide you to the right place..just ask them, they're wonderful. It's location, on Thames Street, is ideal. Shops, restaurants, wharfs, events, ect., are all within a short walking distance. So, drive your car, but leave it parked while you stay here!! We will be going there again this summer and can't wait to get to beautiful Newport, and equally beautiful people that Gary, Patti, and Kelly are.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MUZZI44
Reviewed 14 January 2010

I have reviewed this B&B before and we have stayed there on two previous occassions. Well, we traveled to Newport again this Sept. and, as I had previously stated, there is no where else in Newport we would rather stay. Gary, Pat and Kelly are just wonderful innkeepers and do a fabulous job with keeping the place and making us feel welcome. We really can't ask for a better experience anytime we are in town. We hope to return again this year for the boat show again and bring our son with us (he will be three this year; although maybe not because some mommy and daddy time is nice too!). We have no qualms about bringing a three year old there because Gary, Pat and Kelly just make us feel so comfortable and I know he would be alright even though we aren't at home. Plus, the house is spotless so I am not worried he'll pick something up off the floor or any of the worries you sometimes have when bringing a small child into an unknown place (like a hotel room). We highly recommend this location.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 August 2009

I stayed at the Thames Guest House with a few friends this August, and we were thrilled with the experience. The location is great, and Gary & Pat could not have been more enthusiastic and helpful in recommending things to see around Newport. We especially loved Pat's delicious fresh-baked muffins!

Stayed: August 2009, travelled with friends