“One Word, or Sound, Sums it Up: Eh.”

The Gas Lamp Grille
Ranked #57 of 243 Restaurants in Newport
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Was in Newport during their restaurant week and decided to try The Gas Lamp Grille on a Saturday evening (5:30ish). We had high hopes for this restaurant because of the reviews and the diversity of their menu. However, my husband and I were less than impressed. It was very loud in the dining room as the bar area became crowded very quickly, and the food was average at best. Portions and temperature were spot on (we both had the Surf & Turf), but...holy garnish!! Parsley all over, everywhere, on everything - including my clothes by the end of the night. Final review: Eh.

Reviewed 12 April 2014

The meal was tasty but the dessert was a big disappointment. Whenever I order bread pudding it has arrived hot. This dish, along with the apple pie, arrived cold from the fridge. Neither tasted very good but might have been greatly improved upon if they were heated first. What a shame since the rest of the meal was good to excellent.

Reviewed 12 April 2014

We went eating to this restaurant because not far from the hotel.
The place itself it's not attractive even though we have eaten on the first floor and so much better than eating on the ground flor.
Anywat the food was really good. I had the best "Surf and Turf" of all the vacation to New England at probably the cheapest price. Even the other dishes (as the fish soup) were excellent.
Good food even though not an attraction place.

Reviewed 9 March 2014

went with a party of 10 for the first time on a Saturday night. Half of us ordered fish dishes and we all agreed they were cooked/baked perfectly. The have a decent beer and wine menu, and the service was very good and friendly. It does get busy, but we were seated upstairs away from the bar area. I would go back.

1  Thank jimbbq
Reviewed 23 February 2014

After eating at the Brick Alley for dinner the night before and being extremely disappointed, we fell into this little gem without any recommendation or any research. It was empty and we were skeptical. The waiter was warm and friendly and very helpful. The food was great! I had a wonderful tuna wrap with a generous portion of great coleslaw, my husband had a soup and half sandwich combo which was large and good and an excellent value and my daughter had a great macaroni and cheese. Would recommend this restaurant and would return.

1  Thank lynnerabin