“a must in Newport”

Fluke Wine Bar & Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
Fluke Wine Bar & Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 244 Restaurants in Newport
Price range: US$25 - US$65
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Wine Bar
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Local cuisine, View
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Banisters Wharf & America's Cup Ave
Transit: Bowen's Wharf
Description: Our menu of snacks, small and large plates changes daily, capturing the best seasonal ingredients. Enjoy scenic views on historic Bannister's Wharf. Award winning cocktails and wine list.
Reviewed 1 November 2013

Tonight was the first night of restaurant week and the menu at Fluke was superb. The choices were as exciting as the regular menu. The service was professional and for the most part timely. This is a must when visiting Newport.

1  Thank preighk

Reviewed 21 October 2013 via mobile

Overall it was okay, but don't order the cheese "platter" unless your as tiny as a mouse. The whole platter include two bite-sized pieces of cheese, 4 tiny pieces of salami, one slice of bread cut into maybe 6 pieces, and two teaspoons of (very good) honey. It was laughable for the price. Food was fine, beverages were great. Prices were high for quantity served.

1  Thank h b
Reviewed 16 October 2013

As Tina Turner would say, 'Simply the best!'

Everything was great from the Seared Tuna, the Upland Cress Salad to the Squash Soup to the Prime Ribeye steak and to die for was the Beet Gratin......my god! I looked at the table next to us they had the Duck breast and the Braised Short ribs ........woohoo!

Well done to the owners, the staff and most importantly to the Chef!

Thank you for always proving that Fluke is great!

I would visit this place for Restaurant week coming up...I believe it is the first of November till the tenth but don't quote me but know I will be going to Fluke,because it Rocks!!!!

2  Thank Will Newport R
Reviewed 14 October 2013

.....It is worth telling about! On recommendation from a friend of mine who is also a relative of the owners, we stopped in Saturday night. We had an obligation elsewhere to meet for dinner, but we stopped at Fluke for a drink and one of the "small plates" that he said we just "had" to have -- if it was available, fried oysters (more correctly; Crispy Local Oysters with Mango Pepper Relish, Red Chili Mayo). So, we asked if we could go up to the bar on the upper floor and were escorted there by Geremie, who turned out to be one of the relatives of my friend, and co-owner of the place with her husband Jeff. After a quick pic with her to prove to my friend we did go to Fluke, we sat at the super nice, cozy, well stocked bar (not to mention with a view of the waterfront) and ordered our cocktails and the oysters described above. Now I'm not one who is necessarily a cynic on recommendations a friend gives me of his favorite places to eat or looks to be able to criticize the recommendation just for fun, but if I was, I would have been sadly disappointed here, because every part of what I was told was more than true! The place itself was wonderful, a multilevel restaurant with cozy yet uncrowded tables, staff who all wore a smile and seemed very knowledgeable about how customers like to be treated, yet not overindulgent. The drinks were perfect and prepared by obviously experienced bartenders, both as mixologists and attentive servers. And guess what, the oysters were some of the best damn fried oysters I've had, a light dusting or batter, tasty garnish and sauce as described on the menu, just perfect - could have easily eaten a few more orders of them they were so good. Next time we're in Newport, this is where we'll eat a whole dinner (and will have the oysters again too!) Thanks for the recommendation Jonesy, you were right on with this one!!

1  Thank Scout1970
Reviewed 13 October 2013

I don't care how good the food is, but when you sit down and have to order apps and mains at once, this detracts from the entire dining experience. This could be a first class restaurant if this ridiculous rule was done away with. On a positive note, service, bread, cocktails, and wine were very good.

Been to Fluke Wine Bar & Kitchen? Share your experiences!