“Perfect Place for a weekend away!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Newport
The Victoria Skylar Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #41 of 95 Newport B&B and Inns
NJ
“Perfect Place for a weekend away!”
Reviewed 25 June 2013

My wife and I wanted to spend a relaxing weekend in newport and we are very glad we picked the Victoria Skylar! This was our first B&B experience, and we loved it. Everything was very clean and neat, and we loved the charm of the whole place. Breakfast was beyond gourmet, and fantastic! The location is a bit out of the immediate downtown, but the weather was perfect and a short 5-10 min walk into town. Additionally, I found that the prices for the room rates were highly competitive and event less expensive then most other places in town. I would highly recommend the Victoria Skylar, and would easily stay here again.

Room Tip: Any room works.. there are only 4!
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 23 June 2013

My husband and I booked an anniversary weekend in Newport and had an amazing stay! The area is a little bit of a walk from the noise of downtown but that's how we like it. The house is beautiful and spotless and we loved the touch of old-fashioned keys. My husband is gluten intolerant and Ann not only made the entire breakfast (scones, muffins, and all) gluten-free but she left us a basket of gluten-free snacks in our room. When we go back to Newport, we will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
ny
Reviewed 6 December 2012

As soon as me and my husband arrived we knew it was going to be a great weekend. The BnB was beautiful outside and spotless inside. The inn keepers ann and derek were very helpful with local activities and restaurants, but breakfast at the inn was better than anything else! it was worth the price and truly enjoyable. a really beautiful place...

Room Tip: the hunter and slater rooms are cozy and private
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 27 November 2012

My wife and I went to Newport, RI for our babymoon recently, and I relied on tripadvisor (of course) to sift through the dozens and dozens of B&B's in the area. The more I read through the reviews, the more I knew the Victoria Skylar was for us!

The Inn itself is wonderful - everything from the architecture, to the accomodations, to (especially!) the food was simply superb! Ann and Derek were such fantastic hosts, and were a pleasure to converse with and get to know throughout our weekend there.

The breakfasts were truly AMAZING - my wife and I agreed that both mornings were amongst the BEST breakfasts we've ever had! The scones, waffles, and eggs were delightful, along with the vast array of breads, fruits, juices, and breakfast meats! I can't stress enough how delicious and amazing breakfast was each morning - you will not be disappointed!! I read through the reviews beforehand thinking "can the breakfasts really be that good?" Well let me tell you, beyond a shadow of a doubt they sure are!

Ann also did an amazing job with gathering a flower arrangement and having snacks and the specific type of sparkling water on hand for my pregnant wife! Ann and Derek also helped out with daily activities, including providing a pass to visit the mansions.

Overall, it was a fantastic time at a truly AMAZING B&B - I highly recommend the Victoria Sklyar to anybody that's traveling to the area!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Dubuque, Iowa
Reviewed 15 August 2012

What a terrific B & B, from the Innkeepers to the immaculate rooms to the AMAZING delightful breakfasts... You need to stay here. This is close to everything yet set back far enough you don't get caught in the hustle and bustle of the Americas Cup Strip... You'll not have to eat lunch since the breakfast Ann makes will last you through!! A+++++

• Stayed August 2012
New York City, New York
Reviewed 1 August 2012

I cannot believe how lucky we were to find this gem of a B&B. We attended the Newport Folk Festival and decided we wanted to stay within walking distance to the ferry and to downtown Newport. Not only was this so easily located for both (less than a 10 minute walk to the ferry and just few more blocks to the heart of downtown Newport), Ann and Derric made this trip so incredibly memorable. The breakfasts they serve are stellar (like 5 star, gourmet stellar). The Victoria Skylar is the very definition of hospitable. One night we returned to the B&B just as a monstrous rain storm started and Ann very kindly offered us some delicious wine and food to pass the time with. Also, price-wise you really can't beat it (the Marriott down the street was almost a $100 more a night we learned.) The accommodations are very cozy and welcoming (the bed was incredibly comfortable) and the inn is perfectly situated close to the water for a morning stroll. It is also incredibly close to the bridge so it is very easy to get in and out of the area if you decide to venture outside of Newport (we went across the bridge to Jamestown for dinner one night - highly recommend since it is much less crowded). We will absolutely be staying here again next year!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Montclair, New Jersey
Reviewed 22 July 2012

Every detail about this B&B has been thoughtfully executed. Conveniently located near all Newport has to offer yet tucked away in a quiet area. We have stayed here 3 times and the accommodations have always been very clean and comfortable. The breakfast is a gourmet delight and is beautifully presented. The garden is enchanting and provides bouquets throughout the inn. The hostess and host, Ann and Derek are warm, friendly, and helpful and have an excellent knowledge of Newport. We go to Newport twice a year and will continue to stay at the Victoria Skylar Bed and Breakfast.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends