“Great location, clean and comfortable”
Review of Inn on Bellevue

Inn on Bellevue
Ranked #13 of 95 Newport B&B and Inns
Reviewed 29 June 2014

My sister and I stayed in the Belleview House, part of the Inns of Belleview, for a long weekend recently. Our room had 2 queen beds and was very roomy . It was on the first floor - very convenient, safe and quiet. Both the room itself and the bathroom were immaculate.

We had excellent service. We arrived very early - 10 am - and were able to check in by noon. We were told about the free breakfast when we returned for our key. And we were allowed to check out very late Sunday afternoon as our flight was late in the day.

The location of the property couldn't have been better. It is several blocks from the central downtown area - easily walkable but away from the crowds. It couldn't have been better,

There was plenty of parking; we were able to park outside of the Belleview House, but there was another lot just beyond.

My only comment is that the furnishings were a bit outdated and the breakfast was ok - some hot items with cereals and bagels, croissants, and muffins. But we would certainly stay there again!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank AtlantaSisters2

Reviewed 27 June 2014

The best thing about the Inn was its location.The Inn had the smallest room and was not ready when we arrived. Not given any information about the breakfast, had to ask questions. There was no parking Very disappointed with the breakfast, no hot cereal, & second morning no coffee cups or juice glasses. When we came back from sightseeing our room did not get made up till 5:30pm).

The

Room Tip: Ask question about breakfast.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
innsonbellevue, General Manager at Inn on Bellevue, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Thank you for taking time to write a review on TripAdvisor. While I appreciate your feedback, I am sorry you had issues during your stay with us. We make every effort to have room ready for early check ins, as you were attending a wedding. The room was ready by our regular check in time of 3pm, but we were unable to have it ready earlier, which is the reason we gave you another room to use to get ready in so you could be ready on time.

Housekeeping makes every effort to have rooms serviced as early as possible, and as your room had a do not disturb sign on the door earlier in the day, it was the last room to be made up that afternoon.

I would like to welcome you back to the Inn on Bellevue, and would be happy to personally handle your reservations if your travel plans bring you back to Newport in the future.

Regards,
Paul Galluscio

Reviewed 27 June 2014

This place was not at all what I expected. While Newport is an expensive town, this place was a comparable bargain. Regardless, when you pay over $200 a night you expect at least a certain level of quality. First the staff, my boyfriend was almost bowled over by one of the front desk staff and instead of apologizing, she just looked and then kept on walking. Second, the room was beyond bad. The blinds in our room were broken so that sunlight woke us up at dawn both mornings, the lampshade next to the bed was covered in stains, there were huge paint chips missing from multiple walls, the mirror in the bathroom was covered in rust, and the towels were threadbare and scratchy. The common areas were nice and the location is stellar but those are the only highlights. Would not recommend and would never go back.

1  Thank Travelbuggie1983

It is with disappointment that I read your review of your stay with us at the Inns on Bellevue. I would like to assure you that your comments have been discussed with the staff, and used as a training tool.
While we budget and economy rooms as an option to offer less expensive in-town accommodations, our goal is to provide clean and well maintained rooms regardless of rate. I will personally look into the concerns you have raised, and address them immediately. I would be happy to welcome you back to Newport, and handle your reservations to ensure your next stay with us meets and exceeds your expectations.

Regards,
Paul Galluscio

Reviewed 23 June 2014

My husband and I made a last minute change of plans to our trip to Newport and were in search of a place to stay right in town. We found that the Inns on Bellevue had vacancy and we booked through expedia. We booked what looked like a basic room, upon check in we were told it was the "economy room". Turns out economy mean super tiny and sparse. It worked well for us to stay just the one night, but any longer it would have been annoying to navigate around each other to get ready in the morning. We didn't spend any time in the room (other than to sleep) so again it worked, but if you like to relax throughout the day I would suggest upgrading to a better/bigger room. The bathroom has a shower and toilet and the sink is located next to the bed. Negatives are that the room is small and the bed has to be one of the worst in the history of mattresses - hard as a rock, and pillows had no fill/cheap. Neither my husband or I slept well because of this . Positives are the $129/nt rate, location, room was clean, and check in/out was efficient. The Inn has on-site parking and breakfast, both great.

Room Tip: Upgrade, do not go with the basic/economy room.
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Two weeks ago, I had a very enjoyable stay at the Brinley Victorian Inn. This inn is just off Bellevue Avenue, a very convenient location. The "parlor" was comfortable and cozy (sat there working on emails). The old world Victorian charm, including the wood floors, really made you feel like you fell back in time. I was in # 7..the room, like the rest of the building was cozy and comfortable. The decor exudes the charm that I found all over Newport. The bed was comfortable. Loved the antique furniture. Most importantly, the room and the bathroom were impeccably clean!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 May 2014

It definitely has character, but my husband and I had very uncomfortable stay. They have 4 different buildings and we stayed in Brinley room 6 - perhaps rooms in other buildings are little better?

Cons: Noisy bed - woke up every time my husband turned and same for him. Tiny bathroom - no tub. My knees would touch the wall when sitting on a toilet and had to be careful not to bump my head on the wall when sitting down and getting up from the toilet. Water pressure was very weak for both the shower and the sink (TINY sink).

Pros: Location - within walking distance to a lot of attractions and trolley stop is nearby. Complimentary full breakfast with egg, ham, french toast, and etc. Although the menu didn't change for the 2 days we ate there and I'm not sure how often they change the menu.
Very cute and charming deco.

We paid about $200 per night on the memorial day weekend and the price wasn't so bad compared to other hotels in the area, but we feel it wasn't quite worth the money.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this Victorian Inn located on the main drag in Newport, Bellevue Blvd. the rooms are a little smaller side, and yet it was a very very spacious bathroom including oversize Jacuzzi tub. The owners and management are very very nice people who did everything they could to make her stay as pleasant as possible, and they've maintained the. Styling's of the rooms giving you a taste of charming old Newport.
You should know they have four hands all within the same vicinity, so there's plenty of rooms to choose from and each is quite unique from the other, so good idea to make your choice from the photos on their website. There's also a very excellent breakfast included in the main building. The overall experience was wonderful!

• Stayed: May 2014