“Best hangout in newport!”
Review of Christie's

Christie's
Ranked #62 of 239 Restaurants in Newport
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Thames Street
Description: A fun and casual environment with swinging chairs, outdoor seating, a large communal table and retro décor, there is a fun spot for everyone to eat, drink and lounge. Christie’s serves casual comfort food infused with a bit of nostalgia as well as some Asian influences, together with an extensive classic cocktail list. The Christie’s Burger has been voted one the best in New England while the Pu Pu Platter is a retro favorite among those sharing a few dishes. All of the cocktails are old school classics and stand alongside a moderately priced American beer list.
Dublin, Ireland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best hangout in newport!”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

On a day trip to newport and seven of my friends and I finished it off at christie's. Have to say, the place is amazing! Love the decor, great atmosphere, very relaxed vibes. The food has such variety and we were all very satisfied with the night - the time flew by in christie's. Definitely a great way to end a day out in newport!!

1 Thank Nicola W

Newport
“An ode to Christie's”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Recently celebrated my bachelorette party in Christie's and we were treated to a phenomenal night. The food was magnificent, cocktails were divine, and the service was as attentitive as we could desire.
We really appreciated the time and attention delivered to is on the occasion.
I'll certainly be returning after the big day.

2 Thank Nikita6369
Newport
“Can't wait to go back!”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Had a fantastic experience in Christie's last Saturday! The food was excellent, the new menu really suited us as a party of 8 we shared lots of snacks, boards & flatbreads between us.They also offered classics such as the lobster mac n cheese.
The staff were very welcoming and provided great service, especially the irish girls.
10/10

2 Thank Libby6337
Rochester, New York
2,005 restaurant reviews
“Not worth the fuss over this place”
Reviewed 11 September 2013

We ate at Christie's while on a recent program trip, and I've got to admit that I simply do not understand why people would dine here. The atmosphere of the restaurant was pleasant enough, and the staff was fairly nice. However, the meal just didn't make it, with serious issues on everything I ordered.

For an appeatizer, I ordered the calimari, grilled, which (to me) means that the seafood should be GRILLED. I love it when this comes out with some charring or grill lines, although it isn't necessary. However, this dish came out basically raw, with liquid material oozing out of the end. I did eat it, although I did not enjoy it. Accompanying the calimari, I ordered a specialty drink, called a [something] Long Island Iced Tea. It was a variety of the standard Long Island, and had a few blueberries floating around in the drink. Don't get me wrong...I'm sure that some people enjoyed this drink, as I love Long Island Iced Teas. However, this one just didn't make it. It was bitter, and without a distinctive taste of any kind. I did not enjoy it.

For the main course, I ordered a serving of "pretzel-crusted crab cakes," while my colleague ordered the lobter macaroni and cheese. I found that the pretzel coating on the crab cakes was so think and hard-fried that I really couldn't taste any of the crab. The coating didn't compliment the crabmeat; it overwhelmed it. I must admit, though, that the crabcakes were topped with a pickled red cabbage that was very tasty. There were no other vegetables (or potatoes) or anything else on the plate.

My friend's ,aing course, the lobster macaroni, was very greasy and didn't taste at all like mac & cheese, with or without lobster. He ate about 3-4 bites of it, then left the rest on the plate.

• Visited September 2013
3 Thank Larry W
Saratoga County, NY
“great meal and friendly service in the midst of Newport's bustle”
Reviewed 26 August 2013

We had eaten here before, and wanted to stop again when we came to Newport a few years later. We weren't disappointed, from the clam chowder to the burger and especially the lobster roll. Good wine selection and craft beers. No snippy servers here.

• Visited August 2013