“Best cakes in Newport!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Takeout
Rhode Island
“Best cakes in Newport!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

We always get our birthday cakes here. All made from scratch and absolutely the best tasting cakes we have ever had. Audra is awesome!!

Visited December 2013

denver
“Blueberry coffee cake- WOW!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

We passed through Newport on our drive from Boston to NYC. The Mad Hatter beckoned us as we drove through town so we turned around and made a stop. We got a couple of pastries,but they had blueberry coffee cake in a loaf that looked like it had just come out of the oven. We had to try it- and boy are we glad we did! We have been munching on it all week as it is a tasty and has stayed fresh for 5 days! It is a must! Worth the detour!!!

• Visited May 2014
Boston, Massachusetts
“Can do without your pies and your attitude, thanks.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2014

Around Christmas we ordered a few pies from this bakery and hoped to share them with our family for Christmas dinner. A couple of days after ordering, we had found out that our sister had already taken care of all desserts.
I called this bakery with ample notice to let them know we would not need the pies. The woman on the other end just sighed and said, "Is there some kind of a problem or something?"
I answered no and she told me in a huff that I was all set and hung up on me.
Firstly, I was doing the courteous thing in canceling these pies as soon as I knew I did not need them, secondly, I didn't need her attitude and lastly I think the "problem" was with her in the end.
Bad for business all around. We will look elsewhere for our pies next Holiday season in any event.

• Visited December 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Redrabidrabit333
“Sorry that my review doesn't compare to the others”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2013 via mobile

After having cupcakes the other day at a competitors. My friend had to bring me to the Mad Hatter and hyphed it up so much. We went on a Sunday morning and were greated by the owner grumbling that she shouldn't even be open because the had a migraine. I do empathize but then dont open. She offered the available cupcakes that had not been sold the previous day. I felt that they were pricey for a smaller cupcake. I had bought lemon raspberry. The flavor was ok but it crumbled when I ate it. And my opinion started a little argument with my friend. Maybe the owner is a wonderful sweet woman but first impressions are lasting ones. I will have another cupcake tomorrow but I will be going to the one that actually was on cupcake wars. Not the one that declined the offer to appear.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Newport, Rhode Island
“The BEST bakery in Newport!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2013 via mobile

Okay, my title says best bakery in Newport. I haven't tried many others in town, but can't imagine any other being this good. We have ordered 5 cakes in the past year from here. NEVER are disappointed! The cakes and cupcakes are very fresh. The staff is always patient and beyond nice. I haven't tried the other baked goods from here...if they are anything like their cakes you can't go wrong!!

• Visited September 2013