Newport Harbor Hotel & Marina
US$394
US$394
The Attwater(Newport)(Great Value!)
US$293
Mill Street Inn(Newport)(Great Value!)
US$452
Hotel Viking(Newport)(Great Value!)
US$338
Hotwire.com
  • Restaurant
The Chanler at Cliff Walk(Newport)
US$623
Hotels.com
US$606
Orbitz.com
TripAdvisor
1,418 results
All reviewssalt watergreat locationdock masterharbor view roomhotel restaurantbowen's wharfnewport harborindoor poolwithin walking distanceadirondack chairsfront desk staffparking feerestaurants and shoppingpastryfirst flooroff seasoncoffee maker
Reviewed 18 March 2008

My wife and I stayed here on 3/12 for one night and will never return. We booked our stay on Priceline for a great deal of $48.00 oer night. We checked in at approx 11:30 pm and when we did the Front Desk clerk was on her way out for a smoke break and saw us and almost acted as though we were interupting her. We checked into the room and went to take showers and noticed the soap dishes had not been cleaned from the previous guests, there was hair and caked on soap, the shower squeeled when you turned it on (when you could get it to work), when we unfolded a couple of the towels we found them to be dirty and just refolded, and worst of all we noticed that under the seat and inside the toilet bowl had feces on them. Our comlaints were reported to the Front Desk Manager who offered no soulution other than he would alert housekeeping so this did not happen again, Horrible expierience, not recommeded for anyone. If traveling to Newport I would highly suggest the Hotel Viking, some rooms are small but the Spa, Hot Tub and Indoor Pool are great!

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 9 March 2008

Got the hotel bill in the morning. There were fees that were never quoted to me when I booked online. When I inquired before I went to the hotel, they told me it was the total price of my stay. There were two extra fees which I was not told of. I went to the manager and asked why I was not told on the internet or when I called in person, and he said we don't like to advertise that we charge these fees. So if you want to pay hidden fees, go right ahead and stay here, if not go somewhere else.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 February 2008

Poor experience with thin walls of the hotel rooms - coughing and conversations from next door, the regular cadence of the elevator door opening/closing. If you go, do request a room away from the elevator and on the 4th floor to limit that noise.

The location is ideal, easy walking to restaurants and shops along Thames Street and several wharfs. Free parking is also nice.

The hotel is very clean and the bathrooms are modern. Just bring ear-plugs.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 January 2008

Newport, Rhode Island has a long history of accommodating visitors from near and far. The Newport Harbor Hotel and Marina, a Shaner Corporation property, is located in the heart of the city and situated directly on Narragansett Bay. Each December for the past fifteen years this hotel has been host to more than a hundred (every year) of my high school students and accompanying chaperons from Western Massachusetts. Our three day stay in Rhode Island, connected to the subject I teach, has always been greatly enhanced by the superb treatment we all receive at this hotel. I would rate every aspect of a hotel experience as nothing less than excellent. My students have thankfully responded to the treatment afforded them with characteristic good behavior. They have always appreciated the hotel's willingness to treat them as young adults, and they especially feel that they are in a very safe climate at the Newport Harbor Hotel. The hotel's rooms are immaculate. The front desk staff is always courteous and helpful. If something needs attention in a guest room, the hotel will see to it immediately. The price is quite reasonable for such a first-class location in town. The hotel has a lovely indoor swimming pool, its own full service restaurant as well as ample parking. We have required banquet facilities for several meals each time we stay. The food is very good, the banquet facility spacious, and the serving staff attentive and cheerful. The hotel can boast recent upgrades to its property including guest rooms, and seems always to be trying to improve what it does. As one who must deal with the sales office personnel for such a large group, I must say that their individual and collective response to me and our school has been professional, friendly, and thorough concerning every aspect of our three day stay. Quite naturally, I must make contact with the Newport Harbor Hotel frequently during the year in preparation for the December visit. Regardless of the time or the question, my every request is answered either by email, regular mail or telephone almost immediately.
Although I am eligible for retirement, one of the things I would surely miss if I make that move is the genuinely warm welcome and superb service for our large group at the Newport Harbor Hotel. I would certainly make it a point to stay there on my own any time during the year, as Newport is a great destination, and the Newport Harbor Hotel is a wonderful spot to spend some time in what I consider to be a home away from home.
Charlie Bradshaw Wahconah Regional High School, Dalton, Massachusetts

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Latin-Rocks
Reviewed 17 December 2007

My husband and I just stayed in Newport for our anniversary weekend. I booked this hotel on Priceline for $59 (plus tax). The hotel itself was just fine. I have no real complaints and at the same time, it is not a place that I would rave about. I would give it a rating of 3, and I added one more for the excellent location. Check in was fast and efficient, if not overly friendly (not rude either). I had called and requested a king bed on an upper floor and was given exactly that, which was very nice. We had a view of the parking lot/street. We could see the Newport Bridge if we looked far off to the left. Sure, the water view would have been better but I can't complain about the view we had either. The room was on the small side, but certainly adequate for 2 people for 1 weekend. They have nice bath products and complimentary water. The bathroom was small but it was not a problem. It was cold and snowy when we visited and while the heat worked okay, it didn't reach the bathroom so coming out of the shower was a litte chilly. I found the bed a bit too soft to be comfortable, but that is probably just a personal preference. We had a very peaceful night of sleep and were provided with a newspaper in front of our door the next morning. Check out was at 11:00.

The only negative things I have to say have to do with the restaurant at the hotel more than the hotel itself. First, when we arrived we went to the bar to inquire as to what time they closed and were told the kitchen closes at 10:00 but as long as there are people in the bar, they stay open up until midnight. Knowing this, we came back to the hotel after dinner right around 10:00 to have a drink. There were about 10 - 12 people in the bar, but when we walked in we were abruptly told they were closed. It was disappointing because we just would have stayed at the place we had dinner for a drink but now didn't feel like going back out and looking for parking all over again. In the room, there is an extensive breakfast menu, but when we went to have breakfast the next morning, they were only serving a buffet. It wasn't very good. The bacon was fatty, the potatoes tasted like cheap frozen fries, the fruit salad was canned, and they were running out of things. We were disappointed, and not to happy with the $12.50 PP charge. It was overpriced for what we received.

Overall, the hotel was okay. The location is fantastic without a doubt. If you're looking for a nicer room and property, I would recommend the Marriot or Hyatt, but this hotel wins hands down for location.

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled as a couple