Newport Harbor Hotel & Marina
The Attwater(Newport)(Great Value!)
US$168
Great 4.5/5
Gurney's Newport Resort & Marina(Newport)(Great Value!)
US$270
US$435
Wellington Resort(Newport)(Great Value!)
US$254
Very Good 4/5
Mill Street Inn(Newport)(Great Value!)
US$234
TripAdvisor
1,402 results
All reviewssalt watergreat locationdock masterharbor view roomhotel restaurantbowen's wharfnewport harborindoor poolwithin walking distanceadirondack chairsfront desk staffparking feerestaurants and shoppingpastryfirst flooroff seasoncoffee maker
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 July 2014

This hotel was so horrible, we checked out less than 1 hour after checking in. The hotel has a great location right on the main street in town next to the water, but that is about it.

The quality of the hotel is that of a seaside motel at the Jersey shore. There are few amenities at this hotel. No bellmen, no valets. It is a park yourself and walk your stuff to your room kind of place. The demographic of this hotel seemed to be that of recent college graduates who are looking for a quick cheap getaway to party without getting kicked out.

Our room was directly across from the elevator and you heard everything going on in the hotel. The rooms were paper thin. The bathroom was functional but basic. I think my dorm room in college was nicer. The room was equipped with an extremely noisy A/C unit that barely worked and two double beds that were hard as a rock. The rooms themselves were in need of love. Wall paper was pealing, carpet was stained and torn and the finishes were updated probably 25 years ago.

The only staff member I saw was the girl who checked us in. She was courteous, but I wouldn't say that this hotel had much service.

I would recommend this hotel to someone looking for basic accommodations and a low price. Keep in mind you get what you pay for at this place. I personally would never stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SassyTraveler999
Reviewed 21 July 2014

My husband and I usually stay here a couple of times a year. On this last stay, we spent 2 nights and 3 days. From the time we checked in up until we left, we experienced nothing but excellent customer service especially from Patti O’Neill. She is fantastic! She always comes by our table each morning in the dining room to make sure everything is alright and if there is anything that we need.
Patti’s personal touch in addition to the rest of the staff made this stay the most memorable experience. Patti found out that we were celebrating our anniversary. So when we came back to our room one afternoon, we found truffles and champagne waiting for us with a note from her saying “Happy Anniversary”.
The rooms are perfect and the service is excellent but mainly because of Patti, we return to the Newport Harbor Hotel & Marina again & again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Sharod B, Manager at Newport Harbor Hotel & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Happy Anniversary! We greatly appreciate you allowing us to be a part of such a special between you and your husband. Your loyalty is very much valued as we understand that there are many choices in Newport. We cannot wait for your next visit to the “City by the Sea” so we can continue to provide you with the same level of customer service you have both become accustom to receiving.

Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Before arriving, I looked at their website to see what the hotel offered. I saw pillow top mattresses and other things. Sounded amazing and noticed how pricey it was. Our room (king size bed) was maybe a Motel 6 standard. No pillow top mattress, if it was I couldn't tell at all. The pillows were thin and rock hard and the bathroom was the tiniest thing ever. The shampoo/soap/etc was already used, I threw all of them away, the lotion was HALF gone!! Gross!!! Hair from the previous vacationers was left for us to tip toe around. NOT worth the price of the room!!! My boyfriend has traveled a lot and even was grossed out by the room.
Some friends stayed in a double room and their beds and pillows were soooo much more comfortable than ours. I took one of their pillows for our last night (stayed two nights).

The only bonus about this place was the location. Amazing if you want to walk around and/or bar hop. I had little interaction with the staff, so cannot comment about that.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Syrup15
Sharod B, Manager at Newport Harbor Hotel & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. Your feedback is greatly appreciated regarding our guestrooms, as we truly value all guest opinions and take them into consideration when making improvements to our property We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back, as our staff is available to assist and address all of our guests with any requests or concerns to make their stay more enjoyable.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

This was our second stay at “The Newport Harbor Hotel & Marina”, in Newport, Rhode Island. We stayed for three nights July 7-10, 2014.
Upon arriving we checked-in with Nasia ( Asst. Mgr.). She was so welcoming and very helpful, I told her about our wonderful experience last year. Coincidentally, we were given the same room as we had the previous year. The view of the harbor was spectacular.
Next we were greeted by Debbie in Marketing, before breakfast the next day. We had a wonderful conversation. Her friendliness and eagerness to help was so appreciated. She had brochures pulled for us and left at the front desk.
The next day we had a problem at breakfast, perhaps due to the fact that they were unexpectedly, short-handed. I talked to Nasia about the situation. She immediately went above and beyond to remedy the problem and to make sure it didn't happen again. I can’t say enough about how helpful she was. Her concern about making the guests happy was very apparent. I believe she is an asset to this hotel. Her wonderful personality and concern were so very much appreciated, and I felt she went way beyond duty, because she truly cared.
And then there was Michael – the restaurant manager--- after hearing of the problem that I had, from Nasia, he too, went out of his way to make sure everything was perfect the next two days. He was truly concerned and very accommodating. He came back frequently to our table, to make sure that we were enjoying our meals and to make sure that everything was alright. I felt as though he was a friend, by the time we left.
Although we neither wanted nor expected any problems, life is such that sometimes mishaps occur. I believe, in the end, it is more about how the problem is addressed.
All in all, we had a great time and hope to visit again this year. If you go, you will be pleased to meet Nasia -- she will greet you with a big smile and open friendliness, as will Debbie and Michael.

Room Tip: ask for the harbor side
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Mr_Mrs_K2014

We truly appreciate you taking the time to write this radiant review regarding your 3 night stay and your awesome experience with our staff. We strive to ensure everything runs smoothly during our guests stay, but unforeseen incidents do occur and we do our best to correct them. We value your loyalty and we await your next visit to Newport.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

The staff at the hotel are some of the nicest that I have encountered in my travels. Our group was greeted by Courtney who was very welcoming. After randomly telling her we were on an annual girls weekend away Courtney graciously sent a bottle of wine to our room. We always look forward to seeing Jen and Chris at the bar. Although we only see them once a year, they always treat us like we are regulars. They are awesome. The location of the hotel is great with views of the harbor. I highly recommend this hotel and its staff.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
DebbieNeves, Manager at Newport Harbor Hotel & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

It is wonderful to see your weekend get-a-way was fabulous with superb service from Courtney and our associates here at The Newport! Seeing that your travel often we value your comments and were excited to see our service created the experience. Thank you for taking the time to write this review and we look forward to having you back here with us at The Newport soon!