“Great Staff and beautiful room.”

Newport Harbor Hotel & Marina
Ranked #5 of 21 Hotels in Newport
Reviewed 6 August 2014

I was recently a guest at your hotel for the Newport Jazz Festival during the weekend of August 2-4. I was greeted with a smile from a real nice gentleman by the name of Ryan. I asked if there were any rooms available at the time because I was there earlier than check in time (3:00 pm.). Another staff person by the name of Stephanie showed up and got right on it and in a matter of a half hour I was in my room. Later that evening I met Courtney who has a smile to light up a Christmas tree. She was very pleasant and nice as well. I wanted to say that Stephanie, Courtney and Ryan are "ROCK STARS", they go out of the way to make a guest feel like he/she is the only person in the hotel and that's hard to do when you have several events going on at a hotel during a busy weekend such as the Jazz Festival and wedding receptions as well. I just wanted to express my appreciation for their hard work and professionalism. They should be recognized and I want to start with my "RECOGNITION"!! Keep up the great work ROCK STARS !!!! Kirk Peterson

Room Tip: The corner room I stayed in had great sunlight.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Sharod B, Manager at Newport Harbor Hotel & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your Jazz Festival weekend getaway along with the ROCK STAR service you received. It is our goal to make every guest feel welcomed and comfortable by providing personable service. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time your travels bring you to Newport.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,350)

Reviewed 4 August 2014

I have been traveling to Newport, RI for the past 11 years every summer and I usually stay at the Newport Harbor and Marina or the Hotel Viking. The Newport Harbor and Marina, is by far the best place to stay for location. It's centrally located on Thames Street, where all the action is. We booked for 4 nights and it was AWESOME!! This is the place to stay if you plan on parking your car and just walking everywhere. The accommadtions are clean and comfortable. The staff is what makes this place AWESOME!! Courtney and Ryan at the front desk are exceptional in making your stay the best it can be. They go above and beyond. We needed a ride to the Hyatt for a wedding and all the cabs and transportation in the area were booked. They went out of their way to get us there and on time. Thanks again Courtney and Ryan for making our stay exceptional. We will see you all again next Summer!!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Sharod B, Manager at Newport Harbor Hotel & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

We are honored to have received this phenomenal review regarding your most recent stay, We agree, if you’re looking to be in the middle of the best shopping, dining, entertainment, and local attractions then we are the place for you. Personalizing our service is very important to us to ensure that you have the best experience possible. Thank you for your loyalty over the years as we look forward to seeing you again next year.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

I was very happy with our stay.The staff was pleasant and attentive.They have green grass in the back with Adirondack chairs looking at the ocean.You are in the middle of all the Newport action in 5 minutes yet the hotel is quiet.

Room Tip: We had a cute balcony.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Being attentive to our guests is easy when you have great guests. Even though we are located right in the heart of downtown Newport, when you walk around to the harborside of the hotel it feels as if you’re in another world. There’s no better way to unwind and relax then by finding one of our Adirondack chairs and enjoying the view. We look forward to welcoming you back again the next time you visit Newport!

Reviewed 2 August 2014

Stayed there for two nights last weekend. Got a great deal on priceline otherwise this hotel is pretty pricey per night. Rooms were fine, beds very comfy. The hotel has the best location, right on the marina and you are near everything. They have an outdoor bar area where musicians play during the afternoon and at night. I would definitely stay there again if I go back.

Room Tip: Rooms on the harborside have a great view but we stayed on the city side which faces the parking lot...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

They say the customer is always right and we agree. We do bolster the best location in Newport. If your choice is to be near entertainment, shopping, dining and local attractions while being on the waterfront coupled with great service, then we are the place for you. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your two night weekend getaway experience, as we hope to welcome you back on your next visit to Newport.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

We recently reserved rooms at the NHH for our wedding guests and could not have been happier with our decision. Yes, I will agree that the hotel could use a bit of TLC in terms of bathroom and furniture but that is very inconsequential in the grand scheme of things. This hotel is in THE perfect location, not sure there is a better one in all of Newport in terms of ideal location. While the hotel may be a bit dated, they more than make up for it with location and staff. The staff...from the event planners to the maintenance staff to the front desk to the bartenders...top notch quality customer service. The back lawn was perfect for hanging out all weekend, especially for the boys to play bocce while the girls got ready on the big day. No one cared if you had a glass of wine down on the Adirondack chairs and in fact the adjoining bar encouraged it! I cannot wait to get back and I would not change a thing if I had to do it all over again.

Room Tip: Ocean view or bust! Its soooo worth spending a little extra money to be on the water and have a vie...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Sharod B, Manager at Newport Harbor Hotel & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Congratulations to you and your husband on the big day!! We are ecstatic to hear that the level of service we provided and our location was an ideal match for your expectations. We wish you both much success in your new lives together and hope to have you both back in the near future.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

We had a great time (3 nights) at this hotel recently. The location was just perfect and the accommodations were very nice. Can use a little update of bathrooms in king rooms other wise wonderful. Cleaning staff daily was very good. Nice fluffy towels and toiletries were supplied. Flat screen TV and free wifi was great and worked.
The Staff was so very helpful to my husband and I. Mrs. Patty O'Neill and Keith went out of their way to help us with handicap parking at the hotel and information on how to enjoy our visit. They could not do enough for us. Told us other staff can help us at any time. The restaurant was very nice we had breakfast there daily. I would recommend this hotel to others and say enjoy! Parking is a premium in Newport and expensive so you are charged by the hotel for their lot. It is worth it for convenience for sure. THANK YOU Newport Harbor Hotel!!!

Room Tip: The King room on the ground level is wonderful you can walk out onto a lawn in front of the dock and...
Thank Maria and Charl... C
Sharod B, Manager at Newport Harbor Hotel & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

We are thrilled to have received this wonderful review regarding your 3 night stay. We appreciate you mentioning the personalized service you received, our central downtown location and breakfast at Pier 49. You will be happy to know that we are currently in the process of updating our bathrooms. Thank you for your business and we hope that you are pleased with our updates during your next visit.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

Normally we don't stay over night in Newport during the tourist season, but we did for two nights recently. I disagree that the hotel needs serious renovations or that the prices are as they are in Manhattan. My room never smelled, was always clean, smelled fresh and rarely a chipped paint anywhere. I've stayed in manhattan and that's much less a bargain than Newport
The staff was friendly and helpful at all times of the night. This hotel is in walking distance to just about anywhere in Newport that you are looking to go. Maybe I'm biased because I live in providence and grew up going here in the summer and yes, even in the winter. This is my favorite hotel in Newport and it's always a pleasure even with the typically high prices during the summer months.

Room Tip: Weekends are much more pricey and during festival times.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Sharod B, Manager at Newport Harbor Hotel & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2014

It’s a pleasure to have earned your loyalty over the years as we know you do have many choices. It is our hope to continue to be your go to instate destination when you traveling to the ‘City by the Sea’. Our goal is to continue to provide the same level of service you have come to expect. We look forward to welcoming you back whether it’s tourist season or the off season! Thank you.