“One of my favorite places!!”
Review of Newport

Map
Satellite
Map updates are paused. Zoom in to see updated info.
Reset zoom
Updating Map...
Ga
“One of my favorite places!!”
Reviewed 28 June 2011

I make it a point to visit as often as I can! Great place for a day trip, weekend or month. The shopping, returaunts and history are amazing. Cooblestone streets, the water and of course the mansions!

Pune, India
29 helpful votes
“Good weekend getaway”
Reviewed 23 June 2011

We went on a weekend trip to Providence and Newport. Newport is a lovely city. It has beautiful beaches. We went to Easton beach. The beach by itself is a nice one but one shouldnt expect a boardwalk or eateries around. The Cliff Walk is a major attraction of the city and is a "must do". Its a 4 mile long walk (with exits in between), and is very beautiful - gives a good view of the shore on one side and old mansions on the other. There are trolley and bus services to take you back to your starting point. The drive through the Newport bridge connecting Newport and Jamestown is also beautiful. Overall a lovely place to spend a day.

For further info and some photos please visit -
[-]

Toronto
“Beautiful City”
Reviewed 22 June 2011

Whether you want to eat at one of their faboulous restaurants or take a nice walk, there are so many nice things to see and do at Newport. Beautiful city....a must see.

Brooklyn
35 helpful votes
“Favorite place in New England”
Reviewed 22 June 2011

My wife and I have been to Newport, several times and it never disappoints. There is always someting new to see or do. There are the mansions, historical homes, antique stores, shops, restaurants, etc. We usually stay in a B&B as the service is warm and comfortable. Our favorite is the Kit Shipley House. The owners a husband and wife team made our stays memorable and the breakfast is great. While you can see the biggest mansions, try to slip some of the samller ones. Talk to the carstakers who can give you additiona; insight on the home you are visitng as well as others. As far as the restaurants, there are all types for all budgets. Hint: if you go on Thanksgiving, there are usually one or two restaurants that have FREE meals.

Fayetteville, North Carolina
“What to see in Newport”
Reviewed 13 June 2011

I have seen quite a bit of Newport, and I love it every time I go! You can't go wrong with the Harbor Tour on the Amazing Grace! The mansions are amazing, and the people of Newport are very friendly and helpful!

Been to Newport? Share your experiences!