“Solo traveler loved it!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Clarkdale
The Blue Heron Guest House
Ranked #3 of 4 Clarkdale B&B and Inns
Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
“Solo traveler loved it!”
Reviewed 10 April 2013

I can't say enough sweet things about the owners. They were willing to be very attentive if you needed it, or they left you alone if that was what you needed as well. The place itself was so very nice and had everything I needed on my trip even though I was only traveling for business to work at a hospital in town back in January. It was pretty peaceful and I enjoyed my night out by the outdoor fireplace/patio. This review is long overdue!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank yumyumcolls

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Tempe
Reviewed 28 March 2013

We were impressed. Truly. My husband and I were on a vacation, just the two of us. I saw this guest house on Trip Advisor and went with my gut feeling that it would be a unique and special place. And it really was.

Tom, the owner, came out as we pulled in and made us feel welcome with his face and his words. This gentleman enjoys taking care of his guests. He is very warm and friendly and offerred to leave us to ourselves but he was a neat guy to visit with and has done wonderful things to the property.

Tom and his wife have obviously put alot of love in to the restoration of the guest house as well as the other structures on the property. As I looked around the guest house, I could see both a man's and a woman's touches. They didn't go half-way on anything. It is elegant and feels very light and comforting at the same time it feels homey and casual.

We slept like stones in the extreme quiet of the night. The grounds are very tranquil and the only person we saw during our stay was Tom. In our mind, they provided just the right amount of all the little things one needs when traveling. Now, if you are traveling with 15 suitcases, this isn't the place for you unless you are going to leave most of them in your vehicle. But for those who are just enjoying each other and off on a little adventure and wanting to do something a bit different, this might be just up your alley.

This is a read in bed kindof a place. A sit on the porch and rock holding hands kind of place. A 'can you believe we stayed there' kind of place. Have no fear, there is some nightlife close by and not much traffic on the streets. Parking is a snap.

If I was planning our trip again, I would book the guest house instead of spending a night in Jerome which is noisy and far more expensive.

The one bit of advice I would offer to travelers is to print out a map. Main Street seems like it is dead ending but actually curves around. There is not a prominent sign in front of the Guest House and you may not notice it from Main Street if it is dark.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Katrinagirl
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 9 January 2013

We stayed at The Blue Heron for a weekend. This was such a charming little place, I can't say enouph good things about it and the Murphys. It was such a beautiful little place and it stayed warm and cozy at night. The stars from the porch look so pretty and clear. they have a gas heater and was nice...I liked standing in fron of it when I got out of the shower haha. Tom is a really nice man and was very accomodating. The porch was so cute, we took pictures. The kitchen nook had everything that I needed including silverware, I felt like I was at home. The bathroom was a perfect size and the water turned hot very quickly. It was one of the cleanest places I have stayed in.
Also, It was very affordable. One thing I really liked is that Tom lives right next door so It's not like your alone in the middle of nowhere. I felt very safe going to sleep at night. The bed was very comfy. This is such an amazing little place for a getaway weekend! I am going to be staying there again for Valentines.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ladykennyg1
Sloan, New York, United States
Reviewed 6 December 2012

No phone. Small TV. A mini cottage.
A real escape from the big hotels, busy highways, crowded streets.
A small, rustic cottage with everything you need to experience solitude at its best.
The room was extremely clean. The atmosphere was simple but cozy and warm.
The front porch with rocking chairs took us back to the simple days of the Andy Griffith Show.
The backyard outdoor fireplace was the perfect setting for a hot chocolate or glass of wine.
The kitchen nook area was supplied with the all the necessities needed. Even a wine bottle opener! The bathroom was especially clean, with bright lighting (for make-up application); the shower was roomy. The towels were plentiful too.
The daily morning blueberry muffins and fresh fruit were hand delivered by the proprietor himself.
The proprietor Tom and his wife wife Trudy are definitely down-to-earth friendly and very accommodating people. Even the outdoor cat, who was a "welcoming committee" of sorts, made his presence daily.
The Blue Heron is the kind of place you just don't want to leave. It's an "escape" from fast-paced hustle & bustle of daily life. It's a place to connect to oneself.

Jim and I visited the Blue Heron in December. We would love to come back again in Spring, Summer, and Fall to experience the ambience of each season.

If you are looking for some place quiet, romantic, peaceful, simple, clean, charming ........... then the Blue Heron is your destination.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
Reviewed 14 November 2012

What a lovely get away! We had a great time exploring the Verde Valley. The Blue Heron is a total hidden gem. Quiet, clean, charming, cozy, friendly, romantic - what else can you ask for?!!! We only stayed one night and really wished we had allocated more time for the sweet Blue Heron. Tom was such a delightful host. We are really looking forward to our next visit!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Surprise, Arizona
Reviewed 4 November 2012

This was an experience we'll remember! The Blue Heron Guest House is beautiful, charming and clean. Tom and Truly are excellent hosts with an eye for detail. The guest house has a way of providing you with all that you could possibly want while reminding you that all you need is the one's you love. The ambiance is fun, romantic and casual. The wonderful fireplace in the back was a beautiful place to toast to our wedding anniversary. We can't wait to come back!!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Prescott, Arizona
Reviewed 2 October 2012

I cannot speak highly enough of The Blue Heron Guest House, it was quiet, charming, cozy and perfect for our romantic weekend away. Tom was so friendly and accommodating. The front porch was a beautiful place to enjoy a glass of wine, the bed was comfy, good size bathroom and kitchenette. The best part was that it was clean, cozy and felt like home, I would absolutely stay there again.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clarkdale
Quality Inn - Cottonwood
#2 of 7 in Cottonwood
Cottonwood Hotel
Cottonwood Hotel
#3 of 7 in Cottonwood

Been to The Blue Heron Guest House? Share your experiences!