“Perfect family spot”

Violette's Bakery Cafe
Ranked #1 of 2 Quick Bites in Clarkdale
Price range: £2 - £8
Description: We are a cute little bakery! A Breakfast and lunch café, on the corner in a caboose car! We have fresh made to order house recipe Belgian waffles, croque madame, gluten free sandwiches, fresh made croissant breakfast sandwiches and breakfast plates, and delicious lunch and crepe menu ! Our pastries are made here as well!
Reviewed 25 May 2024

The desserts were amazing! We tried a few different ones and they all left us speechless! The 2 woman that were there were so friendly and inviting.

Date of visit: May 2024

Reviewed 10 January 2024

The pastries here are fantastic! The menu has alot to offer, and there is something for everyone. It's a hidden gem, don't miss the red caboose on the corner!

Date of visit: January 2024
2  Thank KarenStacie
Reviewed 12 August 2023

The recent "improvements" have only made the service slower, the "menu" has been cut to exclude some incredible items that made the trip worth taking and the line worth standing in. We've been semi-regular customers for over 4 years, and used to enjoy the music while waiting & eating. No music today - and after 40 minutes in line, we took our items to go. Got back to camp in Cornville only to find that one of the items ordered - a Belgian ganache brownie, big enough to share which was the plan - was substituted with some kind of pastry consisting of very little chocolate and not even half the size, so not big enough to share. Should have checked before we left, but silly me I trusted that the order would be perfect, as usual. We could have driven back, then stood in line again - but my luck they would be out of the brownies by the time we got there. The food is good, but not as wonderful as it once was, and not worth the hassle or the price. Sadly, I think this was our last visit. It's ok though, they still have that group of obnoxious, loud old farts that recently took up residence at "bull$***corner" (there is even a sign that announces the table where they camp out) when they aren't meandering around harrassing other customers. Very disappointed.

Date of visit: August 2023
Amber Godina, Owner at Violette's Bakery Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2023

this is so sad, you say that you guys(as in you and your husband who left 2 reviews in a row…) liked my products, and like my business, and that you like me yet in front of the entire world, (as in this isn’t even National, it is a worldwide website…) pick apart literally every single thing you could think of that you don’t like about my business, from turkey sandwiches that we couldn’t even get a hold of turkey because of the bird flu -for a year!!! we literally could not buy turkey. To our music that a customer had turned down because they didn’t want to hear it… To the line,(thank God we’re busy ,we are a small woman ran an owned business. That I run around 17 hours a day. giving up any freedom I have or free time to do anything outside of the business… on top of being a mom; to keep my community that I love dearly, happy) you could have easily reached out to me on Facebook, or called me, and I would absolutely 100% no problem or questions asked give you your money back for the product that we accidentally switched out. No, you NEEDED to “hurt” me…. If you get a hold of me on messenger on Facebook. I can do Venmo. However, your rating was very contradictory as you and your husband both stated that you liked me and my products. our ratings are looked at by almost everyone that wants to try us so you officially were trying to hurt us. Because you posted this review on multiple platforms. copy/paste. If you read our hundreds of other reviews, they don’t sound like this, this literally went from our roof to our floor from the past to the future, covering every single thing you could think of. I wish you guys the best. Please get a hold of me via Facebook and I will Venmo your refund.

Reviewed 12 August 2023

My wife and I have come here for many years when we are in the area, and feel the quality of Amber's creations is legendary! She is SO talented that the relatively high price is accepted, and we absolutely always schedule a trip here for sandwiches and pastries every time we come up here! HOWEVER, the Cafe was closed and re-designed in July and today was one of the absolute worst experiences in service I've ever had, anywhere. 40 minutes standing in line is crazy, and no menu to help speed things up (the entire menu has been changed from what it had been all ethese years, and all they now sell other than beverages is what is contained in the food display case). Even after waiting all that time to arrive at the food display and wanting to choose quickly so we could finally rest our backs.. . waited at least 3 minutes while the staff ignored us. Took food to our RV to eat, so we could finally relax, and found we received a pastry we hadn't ordered, rather than the one ordered. As much as we love Amber and Violettes, this is likely our LAST visit. Experience totally ruined our previously favorite Cafe!!! Sad.........

Date of visit: August 2023

Reviewed 1 July 2023 via mobile

We visited on a friend’s recommendation after a sunrise hot air balloon ride, and we were not disappointed!

The place is quaintly located in a caboose. The food was excellent and worth the wait!

Date of visit: July 2023