“Eh.” 3 of 5 bubbles

Panya Bistro & Bar
Ranked #641 of 2,290 Restaurants in Honolulu
Cuisines: Asian, Fusion, Soups
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Tallahassee, Florida
“Eh.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

This place, for all their efforts to be neat (the ultra modern bar is the centerpiece of the room) falls short in their food (we had the cabbage, mini fried octopus, chopped salad, and miso soup). The cabbage and chopped salad were slightly above average, although the chopped salad was in what appeared to be a plastic awkwardly shaped bowl. The mini octopus just weren't good - they were hot but passed the point of not remarkable to not tasty. Too bad, because they did look neat. The miso soup was in a bowl made of the same material as the salad bowl (which didn't hold heat) - cold miso soup doesn't taste very good in my opinion. The meal was complete when the average waitress came over with the bill; we tried to talk to her about which items would go on our two respective cards, and she cut us off mid sentence, saying that she knew how to split it up. All in all, the weird/rude staff, strange dishes, and at best slightly above average food means I probably won't be a repeat customer. There are too many exceptional restaurants on Oahu.

• Visited March 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Wailuku, Hawaii
“Great food, great service, great price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014

We went there for a romantic dinner and sat outside. The service was great. Ordered a bottle of red wine that was very good and reasonable priced. I liked the versatility of the menu, from pasta to asian-type noodle dishes, seafood, burgers. Had something for everyone. I got the Laksa because of a recommendation I read and it did NOT disappoint!! We would definitely go back.

• Visited February 2014
Kaneohe, Hawaii, USA
“Great happy hour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2013

Went for an early dinner and it was happy hour (4-6). Most of the pupus were $5. Gyoza was sooo good. Ordered the calamari, karaage chicken and they were also good. Drinks were mostly $5 even for the fancy stuff. The main menu is large and varies from ramen and other Asian noodles to sea bass. The sea bass is so moist and good. We sat in the lanai area where it was cool and enjoyable. The location is fairly new so everything was in pristine condition. We loved it and had a great time.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“Needs an espresso machine”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2013 via mobile

Looked like a good option for a quick breakfast in Honolulu, but are better options. Coffee wasn't great even though said Illy, wasn't espresso. Tough to find a decent bakery in Waikiki.

Honolulu
“Great food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2012

I've been here a couple times and each time the food's been great. If you're a visitor, don't be afraid to check this place out. They have both asian style food and American dishes like Club Sandwiches. They have a lot on the menu. Salads, sandwiches, dinner/lunch plates, desserts, etc.

Their pastries are great too.

The other night I had the Supreme Club Sandwich which is a Club Sandwich with a fried egg on it. It was one of the best Club Sandwiches I've had in a while. The fried egg was cooked to perfection. The only thing I didn't care for was the American Cheese on the sandwich. While it's very American, it tasted cheap.

I've had their salads too, all great.

Most dishes during dinner will cost you at least $15 each. The service was great, but I wanted to take my last 1/4 of my sandwich home and the waiter stuffed the sandwich in a small styrofoam soup container. Needless to say, when I took it out, the sandwich was a bit mangled. It still tasted great, but it didn't look very appetizing.

There's plenty of parking in the mall.

• Visited July 2012