“Awesome instructor, great time, works with kids!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of DCX Surf School - CLOSED

DCX Surf School
hr4hakbl
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome instructor, great time, works with kids!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2012

Erik was fantastic! From booking the lesson to the entire experience, things couldn't have gone better. Erik rode tandem with my 4 yr old son while also instructing me. All I wanted was for my son to not hate surfing, but he LOVED it!. Erik was masterful, careful, and just a radical dude to hang with. His instructions also got me up riding solo. To top it all off, his rates are the best around.

Visited February 2011

Buenos Aires, Argentina
“ERIC is the BEST surf teacher EVER !!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2011

Eric was actually our 3rd try for Surf Lessons (the first 2 where fromt those schools tents right on WAIKIKI BEACH...) and we just loved HIM !!!! He is so dedicated and passioned about EVERYTHING in LIFE that made our lessons so much FUN !!! Plus the techniche and lessons where very RICH !!!!
We had lessons with ERIC almost every day until getting on the airlplane (literally we took a class 3 ours before departure jejeje).
He is very dedicated so my advice is go and have fun with HIM with no timelimits....just relax and enjoy all his wisdom and funny anecdotes...because in the end...you get to STAND UP on the BOARD, RIDE the WAVE and HAVE a FRIEND !!

Mercedes M

Visited September 2011
U.S.
“Great Guy and Excellant Instructor”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2011

Eric is a great guy and and excellant surf instructor. This is the second time my daughter has taken lessons with Eric and it was the highlight of her trip. I would recommend him 100%. He is a great instructor; very patient and extremely safety conscious. All you have to do is watch how he interacts with the kids in the water and you will see what makes him different than the other instructors. I would recommend him to everyone!!!!!

Washington, DC
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Great guy, great surf knowledge, great customer commitment”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2011

Erik got all three of our family up, standing, and riding waves within our first 3 rides off of Waikikii beach. He did that by carefully explaining to us during 30 minute lesson in his small shop exactly what we needed to do to maintain stability and to catch the waves. He related to all of us with his humor and stories. His land lesson also included protocols for paddling out from the beach and riding back in so that we did not impede others. Unfortunately, one of those others did not have Erik teaching them and she smacked into my teenage son with her paddle board, injuring his thigh and ending the lesson. And that is where Erik's personality, professionalism, and customer commitment shone through. Erik helped get my son into the beach, organized the lifeguard to give him preliminary first aid, and then organized to get my son over to a nearby doctor's facility to get checked out. He went and got all of our gear from his shop, offered to run us around Waikiki in his car, and stayed with us until 7pm and would have stayed longer except that his adorable dog needed feeding. He stuck with us and treated us like family. He insisted on no payment despite spending more than 4 hours with us, and getting us all surfing. Erik is a special kind of person, loves surfing and people - which is why his lessons are priced so reasonably. He can be a little hard to get hold of - tip - call his cell, as he is often out taking lessons. Erik is the perfect person to choose to teach you to surf if you want a special memorable experience.

Macomb, Michigan
“Excellent Overall Experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2011

I did some researching before the trip on surf lessons and thought Erik would be the right teacher for my older brother and I. He's a fellow Midwesterner and had some great reviews on TripAdvisor. We are both glad we picked Erik to teach us the ropes of surfing. He is an excellent teacher who tries to make surfing comparable to things you are already familiar with, like baseball, football, etc. I appreciated his outgoing nature and his positive vibe. He was more than happy to give us good advice in and out of the water. He cared about our safety out on the water, but also the others in the water as well. There were a couple of occasions that he gave some advice to other surfers, while he was waiting for us to paddle out to him. My brother had a great time and if we ever went back to Waikiki, we would definitely take another lesson from Erik. Thanks for a great experience.