“Very honorable and solom place to visit” 5 of 5 bubbles

Private Transfer Pearl Harbor USS Arizona Complete Honolulu City Tour
Ranked #1 of 318 things to do in Honolulu
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: A 184-foot memorial honoring the 2,388 Americans who died during the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor.
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Very honorable and solom place to visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

Please be respectful of our veterans interned within her hull as they lay in eternal peace in their final resting place

Thank Enjoylifeplayha... .

30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Make time to visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

I am not a person easily moved, but this memorial is moving. Even though I was visiting Hawaii over the Memorial Day weekend, this stop was unplanned. I happened to take the wrong off ramp and saw a sign pointing to the next exit as the Pearl Harbor Memorial. I cannot tell you how grateful I am for the wrong turn.

We arrived just in time to catch the last ferry ride over to the USS Arizona Memorial. The documentary film shown before the ferry ride helped set the tone for the memorial visit. Arriving at the floating tribute is very humbling. At the exposed ship stack is a gas/oil film of some type still floating on the water. It seems to serve as a reminder that we were standing above a ship that still contained the remains of loved ones and some forgotten. it was very moving.

I could not help asking myself the question - do we leave them there or should they be brought to land for a traditional burial? No matter your answer, take the time to purposely visit this memorial.

Visited May 2014
Angleton, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“July Trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

Disliked having to get up early :( But it was well worth it! I didn't want to go but everyone else did so I went. I'm so glad I did! I love the fact that the speakers are all so patriotic! In this day and time it's such a refreshment!

1 Thank ber1993
Island of Hawaii, Hawaii
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Thoroughly enoyed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

This is a must-see if you go to Oahu. There are a variety of relatively inexpensive tours available.

Jefferson City, Missouri
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Must see on your trip to Hawaii”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

You need to plan for several hours. The food at the museums is limited but there are a number of vendors near the USS Missouri. Wish we would have waited to feed our kids they would have been much happier.

Visited June 2014

Been to USS Arizona Memorial? Share your experiences!