“A must see if you're at the Hale Koa”
Review of Hale Koa Luau

Hale Koa Luau
Fort Knox, Kentucky
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“A must see if you're at the Hale Koa”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

They put on a great show and, unlike PCC, have alcohol :).
This is worth seeing and even better if you don't want to deal with traffic to another location.

• Korean first
Fremont, California
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Great Tribute to Military”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

There are pros and cons to every luau and what I missed in the show part was made up for in the food part. I finally found the kalua pig that I liked. I've been to some luaus where the pig tasted too gamey. I also liked the fact that you were served at the table instead of going through a line like a cattle call. I'm used to one of the dancers acting as an emcee but this luau has a separate one who also sings. Could have used more dancing. And yes, there is a dancer that looks like "The Rock" oh my!!!! There were activities for the kids before the luau and the girls made lei bracelets while the grand son made a leaf headband. We watched the coconut tree climbing, listened to the music and watched the hula lessons. All in all, a great time was had by the entire family.

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Watch out for sudden 21% price increase”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Extremely disappointed and disgusted that the Hale Koa Luau no longer provides a military discount for service members stationed in Hawaii. For a business designed for the benefit of military service members, it is shocking to hear of such a business practice. While still one of the best Luaus on the island of Oahu,the management needs to rethink this decision.

1 Thank USExplorer10
Sebring, Florida
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Table 5”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

what a show!!!! we were at table 5 right at the stage... Great show and food... Very memerable and they really do show respect and graditued to our ARMED SERVICE MEMBERS from now and the past. including our fallen heros!!!!!!!!!! GOD BLESS OUR FALLEN HEROS ....

Irvine, California
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“We had to cancel this Luau as this is military only!”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

We were so excited as we booked this Luau upon looking at the nice reviews on TripAdvisor, we selected best seats and looking forward for this Luau. On the day of event when I called them to inquire about the parking they told me this is military only and I cannot go there. What!!! They let me book the ticket online and they don't have this information on their main page (http://www.halekoa.com/dining-and-entertainment/entertainment/the-hale-koa-luau.html). If this is military only, they should ask during booking and if you say no, they should grey out the booking process for civilians/others.
We were late for any available Luau that day and we had flight 2 days after this event. We contacted several Luau in the evening and rushed to Paradise Cove (will review separately), fortunately we got lucky and got place in Paradise Cove in the same evening. Hale Koa Luau cancelled our reservation and provided us full refund (thanks for that) but because of lack of information on their website we thought we would miss the famous Hawaiian Luau in our trip.
Once again, this attraction is only for Military only, please book other Luau if you don't have Active/Retired Military ID and/or CAC Card.

8 Thank SrsRocks