“SO MUCH FuN!”
Review of Oahu Diving

Oahu Diving
Ranked #1 of 328 Tours in Honolulu
More attraction details
Owner description: "Going diving just got easier." That's right, with Oahu Diving we specialize in small group diving tours and first time scuba diving experiences that require no license. Let us take you on a relaxed dive charter with emphasis on safety, fun and personalized attention. You won't get lost in our group! *Must know how to swim- please see our website "Contact" page for more details. Certain restrictions apply.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
San Francisco
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“SO MUCH FuN!”
Reviewed 11 May 2009

My experienced with Oahu Diving was phenomenal. The first time I met Erik and Jeff they made me feel relax and comfortable (I better because I'm making them responsible for my life).It's like going skydiving. You will not trust someone you don't feel that is able to open your parachute on a tandem jump. They both made sure that we know what to expect when we are down there in the bottom of the ocean. There was a couple with us that has never snorkled not alone scuba diving. Erik and Jeff patiently thought them how to use the mouth piece and the mask. Thank God they decided not to join us. They felt that it will be too hard for them to get use to it in a short period of time. I also feel that they didn't know what to expect. They didn't have their swim suits with them. [--] you are going scuba diving and you didn't wear you swim suits. It was better for us since we have all their attention. I feel that even they joined us for the dive Erik and Jeff will pay very close attention to us while we are down there.
The crew of Oahu Diving were very cool and fun. I loved that Erik took pictures of us and emailed it to us with no charge. I will definitely go back. Hopefully soon so I get my certification.

Thanks GUYS! You are the best.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Honolulu
“Waikiki Scuba Diving”
Reviewed 9 May 2009

It was a great experience- lesson on boat, 2 dives, great instructors! A definite must do in Hawaii. We saw 2 huge turtles just lounging around and some interesting looking fish. :) Instructors take pictures for you too!

Nashville, Tennessee
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Amazing experience, especially if you're a first timer!”
Reviewed 9 May 2009

We were first timers and very nervous about scuba diving. Breathing 40 feet under water, are you crazy?! But Jeff and Chris (the two guys you'll be diving with) are funny, relaxed and truly love what they do. Their enthusiasm is contagious and you'll find yourself not only laughing along with them, but also climbing on the front of their boat to take in the views or doing a front flip dive off the roof of the boat into the ocean, and they encourage it!

They'll take you on two dives, the first to get you acquainted where you'll slowly follow a rope down to 30 feet or so. They second dive is much more fun and you'll see everything from urchins to turtles to eels and fishes so colorful any description would do them injustice! Both are boat dives (as opposed to shore dives) so you really get a feel for it on your very first try. Scuba diving itself is a tremendously awe inspiring experience, but having great instructors like Jeff and Chris is a huge bonus.

The other great thing about Oahu Diving is that they'll have good equipment which will fit you (I am 250 lbs, 6 ft 2 in), and they take dozens of pictures (we got 20+) which they will email them to you for free. Chris has been teaching for 10+ years and is the manager (he'll most likely be the one you'll speak with if you call them) and takes care of the nitty gritty and finances. Jeff has 3+ teaching experience and is just an all-around awesome guy, the kind you'd like to have a beer with after work. His laid back attitude will really help you relax and get comfortable. In the water, but they're both very attentive and professional. They'll check up on your every few minutes to make sure you're doing okay and have enough air.

A two tank dive will run you $114 including taxes and fees, but I think they offer a generous discount for firemen, military personnel and policemen (It's $89+tax). Their credit card machine wasn't working when we went so we paid in cash so give them a call ahead of time if you intend to use a credit card. All in all, these guys are awesome and I would recommend them to anyone, especially if you're a first timer.

P.S. If you're wondering, the scariest moment is when you're 1 foot below on your very first jump, remember to hold on to your mask and mouth piece! After that you'll wonder why humans weren't born with gills, it just feels so natural. Whichever company you decide on, make sure you try scuba diving at least once in your life, it's something you'll remember...and can brag about!

San Diego, California
“Oahu Scuba Diving - Best part of Honolulu!”
Reviewed 5 May 2009

Our group of five had the privilege to do diving with Erik and Jeff. It was by far the highlight of my stay in Honolulu. Most of us were first time divers. I was especially nervous because I had just recovered from a severe sinus infection. Erik was patient and attentive. He and Jeff made us feel very safe and comfortable every step of the way. The dives were amazing. We saw a ton of fish, an octopus, sea turtles and a monk seal! Erik took pictures for us for free and emailed them promptly a couple days later. I would go diving with them again in a heart beat if I'm ever back in Honolulu!

Vancouver, B.C.
“Unforgettable experience”
Reviewed 30 April 2009

Scuba diving with Eric and Jeff was just fantastic. Me and my fiance felt at ease the entire time even though this was our first time diving. Eric explained everything at a calm pace so that we didn't get stressed out.

This activity was the highlight of our vacation. The price is worth it for the wonderful afternoon they take you on. We enjoyed it so much we are thinking of getting certified so that we can do the shipwreck dives with them on our next trip. If you stay calm and listen to what they tell you, you will no doubt have an amazing experience just like we did.

We saw two giant sea turtles, tons of fish, and even a sleeping shark! What pushed the service over the edge for me was that Eric took pictures during the entire two dives. Thanks to them, at no extra cost, my fiance and I now have pictures of us with a sea turtle! Eric just emailed us the pictures a couple of days after our excursion.

Go diving with Erik and Jeff- you will not be disappointed!