“Overall Good Experience”

Island Divers Hawaii
More attraction details
Owner description: Island Divers is a 5 Star PADI IDC Facility with a marina based full service dive center in Hawaii Kai from which two of our five vessels depart. Two other shops are located on military installations with pool training facilities. We pride ourselves on having the best facilities and dive boats on the island with a friendly and professional staff.
Reviewed 5 February 2014

Went diving with them on two days. The first day I went the with "advanced" group as my friend was completing her open water check out dives. It was good, wreck dive and a challenging drift dive. Dive Master was Larry and he was very competent and led a good dive. The second day I went diving with my friend as she was finishing up her O/W requirements. Second dive was very cool because we interacted with a Hawai'ian monk seal (endangered). He interacted with us in fact. Overall competent and engaging crew. My one issue is they had a volunteer diver guy with us (I guess he helps out in their shop). He needs a course in marine conservation or responsible diving. He was busy terrorizing an octopus forcing it to ink (stress response). Not a good example and he doesn't know who he was diving with. (Two of us work for a federal marine conservation agency). They need to give him the PADI Aware course. Other than that good bunch of folks.

There are newer reviews for Island Divers Hawaii

Reviewed 24 January 2014

Dive sites were only 15 minute boat ride from dive shop. Friendly and helpful crew and dive masters. It was my first time scuba diving without someone I knew so I was nervous, but Island Divers Hawaii made it a very enjoyable and comfortable experience. Had a lot of fun and look forward to diving with them next time I visit!

Reviewed 21 January 2014

I found the dive masters, instructors and crew on the boat very friendly and professional. Took good care to ensure we had all our equipment and also more than happy to answer all my questions (this was my first post certification dive, so I was a bit nervous). We went to two shallow reefs about a 15 min boat ride from the shop. The dive master was good at spotting different hidden sealife and drawing our attention to it. Only negative was that the reefs we went to did not have a lot of fish or turtles (my previous diving experience in Cancun was much better). The lack of fish could possibly have been a one-off; but no complaints with the crew themselves.

Reviewed 18 January 2014 via mobile

Awesome conditions no current light winds. Great visibility thanks crew on the sea fox. Real awesome dives I'll be back to dive.

1  Thank Zachary G
Reviewed 14 January 2014

My wife and I went on a 2 tank dive with these folks for the very first time. I had an issue with my dive computer and was told by the crew that they would refund my dive to another day. They were happy to assist me on the boat but I was still unable to safely dive, and they told me without a doubt they owe me another dive. Well, 2 weeks later I had called back to schedule THAT REFUND DIVE, and they were like "sorry, that was your fault that you couldn't dive".... Why would any reputable company go back on there word! REALLY!!! I am so sure that they make tons of money and that they would honor their WORD!!!! SO, I emailed them and they did not even have the courtesy to email me back, nor did they try to work with me in ANY WAY. Customer satisfaction with these folks has been a total joke, they should be ashamed for how they treated us... Thus I will NOT be diving with these folks ever again. Do not trust ANYTHING these guys say. I would rather shore dive in a mud hole at night!!!

9  Thank Mike S