“Absolutely Amazing!”

Island Divers Hawaii
More attraction details
Owner description: Island Divers is a 5 Star PADI IDC Facility with a marina based full service dive center in Hawaii Kai from which two of our five vessels depart. Two other shops are located on military installations with pool training facilities. We pride ourselves on having the best facilities and dive boats on the island with a friendly and professional staff.
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Absolutely Amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

A friend and I just completed three days of diving to obtain our PADI Open Water Diver certification and minus a few hiccups with communication about our transportation (sort of our fault), we had an amazing experience. Each of the instructors helped us to feel confident and comfortable in the water, briefing us before each dive with our dive plan and reminders about safe diving. We were able to go on 3 different sights for between 4 dives - each site was fun and unique. There were a ton of fish, eel, turtles, conch, and much more with each dive!

• Korean first
Princeton
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Disappointing, poorly organized, terrible dives”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

We've tried several dive companies and this was the worst; twice. I took my two adult daughters for their second dive experience. We arrived on time but the boat that was supposed to take us was chartered for a group. The 'barge' was two hours later and they didn't have the courtesy to let us know. Then, they took us for a two dive event. The first dive was ok, but then they ran the boat around in a circle and we did the second dive in the exact place! And they didn't realize it till we got in the water. Really, it was an amateur operation. Never again.

5 Thank Jim L
Brooklyn, New York
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Excellent diving and customer service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

I just finished my three days of two-tank dives on Sea Fox with Island Divers, and I have to say that these guys are top notch. I was lucky to have a personal dive master during two days out of three due to cancelations. Yes, folks, they took the boat out for one paying customer! Drift diving at its best, with three wrecks on one of the dives and awesome reefs both to the West and East of the shop. Highly recommend!

Seoul, South Korea
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Fantastic Ran Company and Enjoyable Dives”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

Island Divers Hawaii is such a wonderful dive shop. I was scheduled for a 3 tank advance Sunday dive with the shop offering a hotel pick-up. There was some mis-communication between myself, the dive shop and the hotel and missed the pick-up. Luckily, I called the dive shop and took a taxi there (be prepared if this happens for a $60 taxi fare). As I was panicking on the phone thinking the boat would leave, it didn't. They held the boat until I was there in which I was so incredibly grateful!

I got my gear and jumped on the Sea Fox with Joe and his crew. They were so friendly, helpful and thorough while going through the procedures on the boat. On the boat, there is water, hot choco/tea and lunch/snacks were provided. Joe also plays great music throughout the trip; definitely a thumps up!!

It was a full boat but divided into 2 groups, nitrox and basic. There were about 7 or so within my group and everyone was friendly. Dive master Larry gave a complete briefing before every site. The first was The Cosair, then YO-257 and lastly Fantasy Reef. All three dives were very enjoyable.

All in all, Island Divers Hawaii met every expectation and exceeded them. I'm so grateful that they held the boat and that I was able to dive with them. Thanks guys!

Arlington, Virginia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Good Diving on Oahu”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014

I did three different outings with Island Divers, a Sunday 3 tank (Corsair, YO-257, and Fish Garden), and mid-week afternoon 2 tank (Koko Crater, and Fantasy Reef), and finally a mid-week morning 2 tanker (Kahala Barge and Fantasy Reef). All dives were from the Sea Fox with a friendly and knowledgeable crew.

The first two dive trips were small groups (<6 divers) with Larry Hogan as the dive master. Larry was very good at guiding us through the various dive sites and was excellent at spotting marine life. He was also good about getting input from the divers on what sites to visit. Following all of the dives there were photo CDs for sale which is a nice touch (if you do not have your own camera). They also posted dive reports to the website the same day.

I have used two other dive shops on Oahu on previous trips and Island Divers was significantly better at customer service, dive master leadership/instruction, and overall diving experience. I intend to dive with them the next time I am on the island.