“Fantastic stay”

The Kahala Hotel & Resort
Ranked #5 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
Reviewed 12 July 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Kahala and were happy not being in Waikiki. The staff were friendly and accommodating, the room was clean, spacious and quiet. Nice mix of couples and families. Loved it and hope to be back.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
The_Kahala_Hotel, Public Relations Manager at The Kahala Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Aloha Weeniejapan,

We are delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay at the resort and was able to find rest and relaxation. We hope to welcome you back to The Kahala soon.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

Wonderful experience...wonderful secluded location, yet access to Waikiki is easy. The scenic view room was beautiful overlooking the Golf course and view of mountain. Their employees are warm and friendly nod the service is great. It is not an inexpensive vacation.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Carol S
The_Kahala_Hotel, Public Relations Manager at The Kahala Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Aloha Carol S,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I was delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay and enjoyed the services and amenities provided at The Kahala Hotel & Resort. We look forward to welcoming you back for your next Hawaii vacation.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

I stayed at the Kahala Hotel in January of this year. It was my first stay at this hotel and hopefully not the last. The location is quiet and feels secluded however it is a quick taxi ride to downtown Honolulu or an easy walk to the nearby mall. The beach is beautiful and quiet. My room was an ocean view that also had a view of the dolphin pools and was worth the upgrade from the mountain view. I noticed the mountains seemed to have rain clouds every day which is exactly what I was trying to take a vacation from!
The only problem was that I left my swimsuit at the hotel and admittedly it took me 4 months to realize this. I called the hotel and spoke with a gentleman hoping by some slim chance they might have my swimsuit in a lost and found. He told me the maids get to keep any items they turn into the lost and found if it they are not claimed within 1 month. He told me he would check anyway and call me back. I didn't hear back from him. Considering the cost of the room it would have been great customer service to call me to let me know I have forgotten a swimsuit. I would have been happy to pay to have it shipped to me. I'm not upset...it was my mistake. Moral of the story... unless you want the maid wearing your swimsuit.....don't forget it!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Tamtam631

Aloha Tamtam631,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I was delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay and enjoyed the services and amenities provided at The Kahala Hotel & Resort. We were disappointed to hear that your stay was anything less than flawless. We take feedback very seriously. It is our policy to forward all items left behind in guest’s room to our security office. I have shared your comment with our senior leads for policy review and to refresh with resort staff. We look forward to welcoming you back for your next Hawaii vacation.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

I stayed four nights with my little dog. The resort was silent and very relaxed. My dog also enjoyed her stay. My dog is very silent and good in manner but unfortunately, I could not bring her any of the restaurants even for the outdoor tables. It would be very much nicer if this point is improved.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Minoru H

Aloha Minoru H,

We are delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay at The Kahala and thank you for taking the time to write a review.

The policy of not permitting non-service animals in restaurants is a policy set by Hawaii’s Department of Health. All restaurants and hotels must adhere to this policy. The Kahala Hotel & Resort is a pet friendly resort. We have designed a specific program with comforts and amenities for our furry guests. Working within the state policies, we do our very best to accommodate our guests traveling with their furry ohana. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back for your next Hawaii vacation.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

Recently stayed at the Kahala Resort and Spa June 27 through July 3. Upon arrival we were immediately greeted by the bellhop staff, luggage promptly handled and shown to check in. The reservationist that handled our check in was Noel. What a pleasure. Just the right amount of cheerfulness to make you feel instantly welcomed!! Throughout our stay, the hotel staff was always there to assist, everyone from the cleaning staff, the front desk, the shuttle service the concierge. A special shout out to Rose and Sarah of the cleaning staff, and to Cameron, and James, concierge staff and last but not least, Noel, front desk. Our room faced the mountainside what a beautiful view. The room was spacious and relaxing, the bathroom contained both a shower a huge soaking tub with double his and hers sinks. This is a family friendly resort, but exceptionally quiet. My favorite part of the resort was the Veranda where you could sit out in rocking chairs and overlook the hotel grounds with an unobstructed view of the Pacific Ocean and listen to the live jazz nightly while enjoying a cocktail. Truly paradise!

Dee G.
Chicago

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Monica L

Aloha Monica L,

Mahalo for your kind compliments. We were delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable stay at The Kahala and for taking the time to remember our staff's names. Our staff takes great pride in providing exceptional serice to each and every guests. We are delighted that you experienced this first hand. We look forward to welcoming you back to our resort soon.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

We stayed at the Kahala for the first half of our honeymoon trip to Hawaii and were blown away. The service was unbeatable and the resort itself was amazing. No other place on our trip matched the Kahala.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Aloha Jordan T,

Congratulations on your recent nuptials and thank you for selecting The Kahala for your honeymoon. We are thrilled that you selected The Kahala to commemorate such an important milestone. We are delighted to hear that you had an exceptional stay and look forward to welcoming you back for many anniversaries to come.

Warmest aloha,

Reviewed 9 July 2014

It was many years ago but good/great memories last forever and this is one of them. Had spent some time in the middle east and we needed a break to something entirely different. The Office suggested and arranged it as a reward.
Well I do remember so well our arrival at the hotel . Firstly as habit would in 3rd world countries arriving from the airport limo to the hotel I grabbed my suitcases only to be told "mam please" as the doorman a true gentleman escorted me firstly and took all my luggage.
This was merely the beginning , as I said coming from a 3rd world country mucky horrid and not in the slightest feminine. Aaah the luxury of the bedroom so beautifully tropically designed and the view of the Pacific and Diamond Point.
The true glory of all was the breakfast room in the morning at that time on a little island on the grounds and entered by a bridge with beautiful dolphins swimming underneath.I seriously thought I'd passed to heaven . As said this was many years ago but check it out as I don't think this kind of wonderful vacation place could ever be lost. Staff great so helpful and by far the best of the Pacific .
enjoy and love it. avril hagan

Room Tip: rooms on the south quieter