I stayed at this hotel for seven nights and what a surprise. Ever room is large the only difference was if they had a balcony and a beach view. The rooms are unbelieveable. The bedroom is very large with a couch and table and desk. There is a very large bathroom with wash basins up each end double hanging space and separate toilet and large shower. The rooms are very well kept and the best beds very comfy. It was fully booked on our arrival so had to wait up to 4 hours for our room as the first one we where offered was a long way from the main building but the second was on the 7th floor without a balcony as we couldn't upgrade, would prefer balcony as felt hemmed in not being able to open a window. the buffet breakfast was great, the best pineapple I have tasted.The pool area is getting very tired and not bigger enough. Not a lot of shade and lounges and umbrellas need replacing. The beach is great
very clear and safe for swimming. The Dolphins are a great attraction to have on site. You can watch them all day and still see something different and the staff are great and will answer any questions who have. They run a free shuttle bus to the local mall, Waikiki and Al Mona through out the day and you can go in for dinner if you want to. The only downside is if you don't have a car you are isolated from eating at local restaurants. This hotel is very professionally run with very friendly staff. This is a very popular with Japanese visitors who are very polite and trouble free tourists. Great place for children.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Kahala Hotel & Resort is Hawaii's reigning luxury resort, set on a secluded beach just ten minutes from the world class shopping and entertainment of Waikiki. This legendary hideaway resort in Honolulu's plush Kahala district is a favorite with presidents, international royalty and celebrities. From the moment you arrive, you will know that you are truly somewhere special. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Priceline, Ebookers, TravelUp, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Kahala Hotel & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Kahala Hotel And Resort
- The Kahala Hotel Honolulu
- Kahala Resort Honolulu
- Kahala Hotel Honolulu
- Mandarin Oriental Oahu
- Kahala Hotel & Resort
- Kahala Mandarin Oriental
- The Kahala Hotel & Resort Hawaii/Honolulu