This will be a very short review because we stayed here for a very short time. We selected this hotel because of its close proximity to the cruise ship terminal. We arrived at 1am and left only 10 hours later for our cruise but it was fine for what we needed which was really just a place to sleep for the night between our flight and our cruise. The location is great if you don't want to be in the crazy Waikiki area or if you need something a little closer to the airport but not AT the airport.
The room was big and clean but very dated, I think the whole hotel could use a refurb. There was a washcloth hanging over the shower head, I’m not sure if it was there to stop leaks or what but it was at least clean so we just left it. It didn’t affect the water pressure, which was fantastic but I wasn't really pleased with the bed. It was too springy for my taste and I could almost feel the bed move when my husband breathed but beds are very personal.
Otherwise, everything was tidy and the suite had a large convection/microwave, stove, fridge/freezer and plenty of dishes, etc, as well as a little dining area and sitting area outside the actual bedroom. There was also a little table and chairs in the bedroom but no balcony. Plenty of room to spread out if you’re staying for more than a day or so.
We were there on a Saturday morning so it wasn’t too busy but there wasn’t much in the way of early morning breakfast choices. There is a Starbucks very close as well as a McDonalds and probably more choices during the week and for other meals. It is within walking distance of the water and there’s a Longs Drug Store in the same building block.
Since we were only there for a few hours, I can't speak to the amenities, I think there was a pool and there was a restaurant in the lobby but I don't know if it was open at breakfast on a Saturday.
This is certainly not what I would call a luxurious hotel but the few staff members we met were friendly enough and if you want or need a place with a kitchen or a place to stay for a stop-over, close to the cruise ships, this is certainly an adequate hotel. One big thing to note, the lobby of the hotel is actually downstairs and not very well marked, especially if you’re arriving in the dark. There’s an escalator right in front of the building, right by the side walk, but it wasn’t at all obvious that we were supposed to take it to the lobby so we wandered in circles a couple of times before we noticed the little sign and went down.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The only all-suite hotel located in the heart of downtown Honolulu's financial district, near government offices, business and dining. With complimentary continental breakfast, free daily newspaper and business center, this property is fully equipped with all the amenities for the business traveler. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Aston at the Executive Centre Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aston Honolulu
- Executive Centre Hotel Hawaii
- Resortquest Honolulu
- Aston At The Executive Centre Hotel Hawaii/Honolulu