Aston at the Executive Centre Hotel
Average 3/5
Great 4.5/5
Great 4.5/5
  • Pool
All reviewsdowntown honolulualoha towerfloor to ceiling windowsbusiness districtjetted tubaloha saladsbeautiful mountain viewbusiness hotelliving roomiolani palacefull kitchenwasher dryerhour fitnesswithin walking distancewaikiki trafficstreet levellove staying
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 March 2014

On February 24 my husband and I were on vacation in Hawaii and he broke his neck boogie boarding on the Big Island. We left the beach in an ambulance and were eventually airlifted to Queens Memorial Hospital in Oahu. After the first night in the hospital it was evident that my husband needed to rest, and that for me to care for him I needed to rest as well. The island was hopping and there were virtually no options for last-minute logging, but thanks to Kathy at Queens Memorial and Collin at the Aston Executive Centre a room was found for two nights, and at an extremely reasonable price at that!

When I checked in that afternoon Collin was so compassionate to what I was going through, and rest assured I was a mess trying to hold it together. And it didn't stop there!! My Aston "Angel Crew" as I call them would eventually grow to include Darrin, Chris, Neil and Flo...and how can I ever thank them for treating me as Ohana (family) instead of "just a guest" and doing just a few of these things:

~Telling me the day before I thought I needed to check out (with nowhere to go) that they had cleared a room for me as long as I needed it!
~To be waiting with a wheelchair (they went to the storage room and found one for me!) when the taxi brought my husband "home" from the hospital.
~To not accepting a tip when helping me get all our luggage out of a taxi when we finally got it shipped in from the Big Island because her tip was that my husband was going to be okay (little tiny Flo wrestling those big golf bags and suitcases - she would of made you proud)!
~To giving me a hug when I thought I was going to lose it!
~And so many other random acts of kindness I can't name them all!!

Three weeks later we find ourselves at home and the husband is doing absolutely amazing!! We feel truly blessed to be where we are, even though there is much to work thru in the ensuing weeks. It is truly heartfelt that we wouldn't of gotten this far without the help we received in the beginning from the Aston Angel Crew and I can't say Thank You enough to the fine folks I mentioned in this email.

We have been guests at Aston properties numerous times over the years and have always been treated well. When things settle down I am taking my husband back to the island of Maui (no more Big Island action) to finish our vacation and make peace with the ocean. I can tell you without a doubt that we will be staying at an Aston Property!!!

Mahalo,
Lisa L./Puyallup, WA

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Lisa L
AstonEXCGM, General Manager at Aston at the Executive Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Dear Lisa L,

Thank you for your post and for later corresponding with me directly.

We are very appreciative of your kind words. Everyone here does their very best to care for our guests and treats them like Ohana (family). The Aloha Spirit you experienced is given freely and sincerely, with no expectation of anything in return. You and your husband have become part of our Ohana.

All of us here at the Aston Executive Centre, wish your husband a speedy recovery and hope to welcome you back very soon.

Take care,

Reviewed 25 February 2014

With my Father traveling abroad we stayed here for 2 nights. Convenient to downtown and staff helped us with bus's for Pearl Harbor. The entrance wasn't well marked and the lobby is downstairs from street level. Beds and room were clean. There was a safe in the room to keep our valuables. It got locked and the maintenance people came up within minutes to override it and help us. Shower tub had a deep basin similar to what you find in Japan. Bought room on Priceline for about $170/night including Tax's. No issues in getting double beds. It was about $35 Taxi from the Airport.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank zzz182323

Dear zzz182323,

Clem

If anyone has any questions or concerns about our hotel, please feel free to contact me directly at clem.lagundimao@astonhotels.com.

Reviewed 6 February 2014

I had to be downtown for an event. This hotel is right between the financial center and Chinatown. So I could walk to my destination. The rooms are higher up and in good shape. Our room was a studio. The bedroom had panoramic views of the harbor with other buildings interfering somewhat and we could see the airport in the distance. The living room did not have a window but had a microwave, small refrig, and dishes. With the living room, we were able to have guests over for cocktails before our event. So that was nice. Everything was well maintained. The hotel staff was very nice. You can even walk to the Aloha tower if you are so inclined. If you need to use any facilities downtown and don't want to commute from Waikiki, you need to stay here.

There are some nice restaurants near the hotel towards Chinatown. Chinatown is a mite seedy but police abound so you are safe.

Room Tip: The higher rooms have better views. I would get a north facing room if you can.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank MrBretz

Dear MrBretz,

Reviewed 1 February 2014 via mobile

Wonderful!! The staff are amazing and truly represent the aloha spirit. Loved our condos and the buildings are beautiful and clean. Just steps away from the beach. Loved our trip! We will be back!!! Mahalo!!!!!!!

• Stayed: January 2014

Dear stevesdar,

Reviewed 18 January 2014

I travel a lot so I'm used to staying at fairly nice hotels at discounted rates. The executive center is a little dated and to me a little pricey...but thats just me. I think if you look at hotel rate in waikiki and the amount of space that you get, that's where you come out ahead here. The room is very spacious, and the location can't be beat. If you are here strictly for business, this is perfect...if you are looking for the fabulous Hawaiian vacation, you really need to be in Waikiki...

With that said, the staff is extremely friendly. I even messed up with the parking and took a ticket instead of using my parking card...as a result, the gate wouldn't let me out. The parking attendant named darline was amazing. I felt like she was my aunt and even referred to herself as aunty. What an absolute treasure. This hotel needs to commend her for her true aloha spirit.

The hotel has a restaurant... never had a chance to go there as they had a special event and then weren't open for breakfast the next morning...I was a little put off by that and decided not to go there at all. Here we are trying to give this restaurant business and their hours were just too flakey.

I would probably visit this hotel again...it was surrounded by a lot of conveniences including Longs Drug Store built into street level, starbucks, 7-11 store open 24 hours...restaurants within a block or two and right in town!!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business