We stayed here mid september as part of our 4 trip to Honolulu.We stayed here as a family of five in the Royal Grove room (5th floor) and had a partial view of diamond head and the ocean and the beautiful palm in the garden area below. I picked this hotel primarily due to its reviews and the fact it was one of the few hotels on the beach that was not high rise. It also has been somewhere i had always dreamed of staying and never though it would be within our price range as a larger family now.
From the moment the shuttle dropped us off we were all treated with the utmost care and their hospitality shown towards the kids (ages 2.5, 7 and 9 years) was amazing. We were given a lei accompanied by huge smiles before we checked in, upon where we were greeted with a beautiful drink and the kids were given postcard colouring packs depicting hawaiian images. They were overwhelmed and excited to be such a part of our check in process.
We went up to our room and were not there for long before we hit the streets of Waikiki. Upon our return a package of banana muffins had been delivered to our room. (delicious!)
The room itself had 2 double beds, so comfy at the end of our long days and the room was well maintained and very clean upon arrival. The maids respected our privacy sign upon the door and would just double check that we did'nt need anything if they saw us venture into the hallway.
We loved the very hawaiian feel of this hotel especially since it is set between high rise hotels. The gardens are just stunning and you are mere steps to the beach.
The concierge was very helpful regarding bus timetables and tours we enquired about and had much knowledge off the top of their heads regarding this!
The hotel is in a great location to everything you need, beach, shopping, wonderful places to eat!
Highly recommended and would stay here again in a heartbeat, in fact i have recommended it to many already (we have been back a week) and look forward to returning upon our next trip to Waikiki.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1927, the iconic Royal Hawaiian, a Luxury Collection Resort, ushered in a new era of luxurious resort travel to Hawaii. Situated in the heart of Waikiki, the hotel offers cultural activities, gold standard signature concierge service, valet parking, doctors-on-call, florist, currency exchange service, Japanese concierge, laundry and dry cleaning, dining service and world-class restaurants and bars, wireless internet access in rooms and all public areas, multi-lingual staff, 24-hour room service, business center, and beach and pool services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Southall Travel, Priceline, Ctrip TA, TravelUp, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The Royal Hawaiian, a Luxury Collection Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Hawaiian, a Luxury Collection Hotel Honolulu
- Royal Hawaiian Honolulu
- The Royal Hawaiian, a Luxury Collection Resort Hawaii/Honolulu