We spent one night here before moving to stay with a friend, and we enjoyed the hotel so much we didn't leave it often. We drove in and quickly decided to use valet parking, as there is no parking lot or garage connected directly to the hotel, but that cost is included in the $35/day resort charge. We had opted for a "historic" room rather than a tower room with an ocean view, and we were given with a very large 2-double bed room looking out on a lovely blooming pink tree. The historic builiding is very well maintained, great carved doors, colorful carpeting with furniture to mach. We ate dinner at the Mai Tai bar, and that food was not great; the steak salad seemed to have been pre-made multiple hours before and the sausage pizza was okay, but not outstanding. The breakfast and lunch we had at the Surf Lanai the next day were much better. We were surprised to learn about the cost of renting a hotel-run lounge chair - the ones on the sand in front of the restaurant are $40/day for hotel guests, and the ones out in front along the edge of the beach are $25/hour. With the taxes and resort charges it adds about $100 to your room cost per day. The restaurant bills always include calculated 18% or 20% tips, you stil pick how much to tip but that's the indicator of expectations. The common areas of the hotel are well maintained, but there wasn't anywhere terribly comfortable to sit for a while if you didn't want to spring for a lounge chair. Highly recommended as long as you are okay with the incremental costs.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1927, the iconic Royal Hawaiian, a Luxury Collection Resort, ushered in a new era of luxurious resort travel to Hawaii. Situated in the heart of Waikiki, the hotel offers cultural activities, gold standard signature concierge service, valet parking, doctors-on-call, florist, currency exchange service, Japanese concierge, laundry and dry cleaning, dining service and world-class restaurants and bars, wireless internet access in rooms and all public areas, multi-lingual staff, 24-hour room service, business center, and beach and pool services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Southall Travel, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The Royal Hawaiian, a Luxury Collection Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Hawaiian, a Luxury Collection Hotel Honolulu
- Royal Hawaiian Honolulu
- The Royal Hawaiian, a Luxury Collection Resort Hawaii/Honolulu