I chose to stay at the 'The Pink Palace' (Royal Hawaiian) for a special 0 ending birthday. This was my second stay at this hotel. I chose it because I really loved the old fashioned elegant hotel with large galleries, marble floors, beautiful vistas and beach. On our first trip in October 2010 things were a bit different in the hotel, starting with no one under 18 years old allowed. On this trip January 2013, the hotel was full of children. Children are just fine and the majority of these were very well behaved, it is just not what I expected or wanted on this vacation. Other than that, our stay was wonderful. Our room, as we requested, overlooked the coconut grove and was beautiful and quiet. I believe that this is the quietest area of the hotel. The bathroom was newly remodeled and just a bit small, while the room itself was "roomy" with a walk-in closet, king sized bed, table and chairs by the window and dresser and desk on the door wall. Also a nice large flat screen TV. All in all a very nice room well decorated.
An additional note about the personnel and service. Everyone in this hotel, from the reception to the beach 'boys' was very gracious, polite and made our experience so comfortable and enjoyable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1927, the iconic Royal Hawaiian, a Luxury Collection Resort, ushered in a new era of luxurious resort travel to Hawaii. Situated in the heart of Waikiki, the hotel offers cultural activities, gold standard signature concierge service, valet parking, doctors-on-call, florist, currency exchange service, Japanese concierge, laundry and dry cleaning, dining service and world-class restaurants and bars, wireless internet access in rooms and all public areas, multi-lingual staff, 24-hour room service, business center, and beach and pool services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelUp, Booking.com, Southall Travel, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Royal Hawaiian, a Luxury Collection Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Hawaiian, a Luxury Collection Hotel Honolulu
- Royal Hawaiian Honolulu
- The Royal Hawaiian, a Luxury Collection Resort Hawaii/Honolulu