My husband and I stayed here for our honeymoon in November. When we arrived, we were each greeted with a lei. My lei was made of beautiful purple flowers and my husbands was of the state kukui nuts. Valet took our car and we proceeded to the check in desk. We were given POG juice and a moist refreshing towel for freshening up. The man who checked us in was very kind. He offered a couple room types and we chose the room on the first floor, over looking the garden, that had a nice balcony. He also was very congratulatory of our recent marriage and sent us a complementary bottle of sparkling wine.
Our room was decorated very nicely. Loved the high ceilings and balcony. The bed was so comfortable. I felt like I could stay in the bed forever. I thought I loved my bed a home but this bed and pillow were very nice!
A few special touches: There is complementary bottles of water that are brought in daily which is nice. At night, a bag of fresh made banana bread muffins are placed on a tray and macadamia nut Hershey kisses are placed bedside. Upon check in we were given two complementary coupons for mai tais at the hotel's Mai Tai bar. They were delicious and the bar tenders are great!
During our stay, the concierge was very helpful. They made dinner reservations for us, helped with attractions and were pleasant.
The hotel is in a great location. Walking distance from lots of shopping, restaurants, the beach, and much more.
I recommend this hotel for your stay any time!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1927, the iconic Royal Hawaiian, a Luxury Collection Resort, ushered in a new era of luxurious resort travel to Hawaii. Situated in the heart of Waikiki, the hotel offers cultural activities, gold standard signature concierge service, valet parking, doctors-on-call, florist, currency exchange service, Japanese concierge, laundry and dry cleaning, dining service and world-class restaurants and bars, wireless internet access in rooms and all public areas, multi-lingual staff, 24-hour room service, business center, and beach and pool services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, Southall Travel, TravelUp, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Royal Hawaiian, a Luxury Collection Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Hawaiian, a Luxury Collection Hotel Honolulu
- Royal Hawaiian Honolulu
- The Royal Hawaiian, a Luxury Collection Resort Hawaii/Honolulu