This was the first hotel we stayed at on our Christmas Hawaii trip.We had a regular ocean view studio room(two adults,one child 9 years).The room fit us nicely and was clean but a little outdated with the decor.The balcony was a nice size but the railing was a little wobbly so I didn't let my son go out on it.The beach was unbelievable!!It was perfect for everyone,no rocks,small enough waves to learn how to surf,and the bar was close to the beach chairs.The beach chairs you have to purchase for $50 dollars a day and are behind a rope but if you want you could bring your own towels and find a spot for free.Remember there's no drinking or smoking on the beach and on the balconies in Hawaii,it's the law,bummer,but it keeps the beaches nice.The food was great and so was room service.In the bathroom they also had one of those toilets that sprays and dries you clean... Lol,very cool!!The pool is very small but they give you bracelets for free to use the Sheraton pool which has 3slides,adult pool,and you could eat there and charge it to your room.I would could back here because we loved Waikiki beach and the shops are walking distance.It was great here !! The guys that teach surfing lesson were super nice and taught my son how to surf...thanks!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1927, the iconic Royal Hawaiian, a Luxury Collection Resort, ushered in a new era of luxurious resort travel to Hawaii. Situated in the heart of Waikiki, the hotel offers cultural activities, gold standard signature concierge service, valet parking, doctors-on-call, florist, currency exchange service, Japanese concierge, laundry and dry cleaning, dining service and world-class restaurants and bars, wireless internet access in rooms and all public areas, multi-lingual staff, 24-hour room service, business center, and beach and pool services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Agoda, Southall Travel and Booking.com so you can book your The Royal Hawaiian, a Luxury Collection Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Hawaiian, a Luxury Collection Hotel Honolulu
- Royal Hawaiian Honolulu
- The Royal Hawaiian, a Luxury Collection Resort Hawaii/Honolulu