We stayed for four days. It has very impressive public areas and good, attentive staff. Rooms are good but small. What I really didn't like was the constant upselling and add on fees. A resort fee (no explanation at check in), but yet the pool area was very crowded and loungers on the beach cost us another $42 per day. Just seemed over the top. I don't mind paying top whack for good service/food/hotels, but I felt a bit taken advantage of....part of that is Hawaii in general, though.
Food was good, as was room service. Azure restaurant was excellent.
Overall it was pretty good for Waikiki beach, but still very pricey for what you get.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1927, the iconic Royal Hawaiian, a Luxury Collection Resort, ushered in a new era of luxurious resort travel to Hawaii. Situated in the heart of Waikiki, the hotel offers cultural activities, gold standard signature concierge service, valet parking, doctors-on-call, florist, currency exchange service, Japanese concierge, laundry and dry cleaning, dining service and world-class restaurants and bars, wireless internet access in rooms and all public areas, multi-lingual staff, 24-hour room service, business center, and beach and pool services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Southall Travel, Expedia, TravelUp, Agoda, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Royal Hawaiian, a Luxury Collection Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Hawaiian, a Luxury Collection Hotel Honolulu
- Royal Hawaiian Honolulu
- The Royal Hawaiian, a Luxury Collection Resort Hawaii/Honolulu