The Royal Hawaiian, a Luxury Collection Resort
  • Beachfront
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
4,089 results
All reviewsthe mai tai barthe pink palacemailani towerbanana breadsurf lanaiazure restaurantpink ladyhistoric sectionsheraton poolwaikiki beachbeach boysgarden vieworiginal buildingbeach chairsiconic hotelbeach stafftower rooms
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 December 2009

I had not been to Hawaii in over 20 years so I was most interested to return with my wife and 3 daughters ( 22 , 20 and 16 ) for nearly 2 weeks and compare it to Asia where we had spent our holidays for the last 10 years .

We took adjoining rooms in the Tower section and were fortunate to get an end room with a wrap around balcony. Everything about the trip was great , except the bathrooms require updating and the airconditining is excessively noisy. The bathrooms were not really an issue , but the airconditioning was as it made sleeping difficult. Having said that , the rooms were spotless and thoroughly cleaned each day and again at turndown. We quickly learnt to turn the air con on when we went out for dinner and then turn it off before going to bed and that seemed to work, you cannot leave the doors open due to ocean noise - tough problem to have !

Indeed the entire hotel is spotless and the quality of staff is a credit to management. The hotel has an aura of understated elegance and you constantly get the feeling you are really staying somewhere special.

I could not fault the hotel or its staff. Checkin was seamless and even though we arrived at noon , our rooms were ready. Each afternoon the beach staff would ask if we wanted lounges on the beach the next day and they were always ready. Hotel staff were most co operative and after a couple of days were addressing us by name.They were courteous and respectful without being too familiar.

if you stay in the tower , you receive the benefit of the lounge in the lobby of the tower where you receive complimentary tea/coffee/pasteries from 7am -10am and from 3pm-6pm. We would get a tea or coffee and pastry and eat it on the balcony each morning

The location is the best in Waikiki with all the shops girls like closeby. I felt very safe and Honolulu would have to be the cleanest and tidiest city I have ever been to.

Whilst the pool is small , that did not bother us we spent all our time on the beach and in the ocean . We did not eat at the hotel. I had a good look at the other hotels and would not stay anywhere else. I got a terrific deal through this site when I used expedia to book the room and cannot wait to return next year. Even though the air conditioning was loud , that would not deter me from returning.

Put simply , it is a very classy hotel with a unique ambience. I am told that the tower section is about to follow the original section and undergo a major upgrade in the next 18 months which will put the hotel in a league of its own.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with family
6  Thank McLee58
Reviewed 22 November 2009

Near my favorite beach bar on Oa'hu, "Dukes"! The staff are attentive, polite and make one feel as if they were the main attraction. Having worked in the service industry, I know how hard it can be to attract and retain such staff members. Kudos!

Stayed: February 2007, travelled on business
1  Thank Beaner1018
Reviewed 16 November 2009

The Royal Hawaiian Resort is he gorgeous place , this place everything is pink , from the towerls , building , even the uniforms ... the view is amazon , we live on the 10st oceanfront tower room , can see the Diamond head and wakiki beach , the beach is very private , the banana bread for the wellcome set at room , the must memoryable is the Aha Aina show at the resort . if I have change I wll come back again !

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank carlli715
Reviewed 2 November 2009

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for a few days and loved it. The staff is terrific and they make your feel exceptionallly special. The attention to detail was the key and I would highly reccomend this hotel to anyone who is planning a trip to Honolulu and/or Waikiki Beach.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Islander7427
Reviewed 26 October 2009

Me and my boyfriend took a trip to Oahu and were able to stay at the Royal Hawaiian using my hotel points. This place is gorgeous and everything's pink. From the towels to the uniforms to the lemonade (Hibiscus lemonade - they have it specially made for the hotel and it's delicious). The service was excellent, you were always greeted with a smile, and we got banana bread in our room when we got there :). The location was very convenient. Close to the bus stops if you're travelling on a budget. As for the rooms, like the other reviews, I'd advise asking for the historic building instead of the tower. The historic building just got renovated and everything has a unique taste about it. They're much smaller though, and it's harder to get an ocean view. All in all, we had a wonderful time there.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple