Like many other reviewers on here, I was "walked" from the Sheraton. I found out 48 hours before I was supposed to leave.My family was also felt to feel unwelcome and all I heard during our stay was "i'm sorry"... I stayed here 20 years ago so I knew what to expect, but I was very disappointed as I was looking forward to the Sheraton and their balconies. I was promised by the Delta Vacations rep that I would be upgraded if available, but sadly never was. I asked several times and one time the front desk lady quoted me a rack rate of $400 more per night to upgrade. Also quoted a riduculous rate of $125 a night for a rollaway bed. Not family friendly at all.
Breakfast was good but service was very slow. Maid service occured very late in the day, and my final day did not occur at all. We came back to our room at 3pm to get ready for our luau, we placed the do not disturb sign out and and I guess that's the ONE time the maid came by. I complained and the front desk mgr said they called and left me a message, no message on machine. So on checkout day our trash was overflowing and the bathroom was full of wet towels.
In my opinion the only thing I really liked about the hotel was the chairs and umbrella on the beach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1927, the iconic Royal Hawaiian, a Luxury Collection Resort, ushered in a new era of luxurious resort travel to Hawaii. Situated in the heart of Waikiki, the hotel offers cultural activities, gold standard signature concierge service, valet parking, doctors-on-call, florist, currency exchange service, Japanese concierge, laundry and dry cleaning, dining service and world-class restaurants and bars, wireless internet access in rooms and all public areas, multi-lingual staff, 24-hour room service, business center, and beach and pool services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Southall Travel, Agoda, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your The Royal Hawaiian, a Luxury Collection Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Hawaiian, a Luxury Collection Hotel Honolulu
- Royal Hawaiian Honolulu
- The Royal Hawaiian, a Luxury Collection Resort Hawaii/Honolulu