We have just stayed in this beautiful grand hotel that's had many millions spent on it to make it the ultimate vacation choice, on the world's most famous beach at Waikiki.
The Pink Palace is the iconic place to be on Waikiki Beach, with wonderful staff and the absolute joy of free beach lounges and umbrellas in prime position on the beach.
Many of the staff are proud Hawaiians who still feel the spirits of the Hawaiian Royal Family who used to come here to their summer vacation home. They feel privileged to work here and happily embody the spirit of Aloha (welcome, hospitality, friendship, assistance and more - what a lovely word).
The internet is also free in the room behind the concierge, so a recent review is quite incorrect. The most recent reviews are so far off reality that Tripadvisor readers need to know the truth.
What's special about the Royal Hawaiian compared with other Waikiki hotels?
First, you're right there on the beachfront at the centre of Waikiki life. Staying somewhere else back from the beach (as we have previously) just won't let you remember that special Hawaiian holiday.
Second, this hotel has won the Tripadvisor Travelers' Choice award for 2010 for Romance and Relaxation for a very good reason. Only by staying here will you understand the uplifting spirit of enjoyment and hospitality in grand surroundings.
Third, the architecture is outstanding. EVerywhere you go along the beach, your eyes are drawn to this Pink Palace that's so alluring. No other hotel offers the aesthetics and entry motif in such vibrant colours of warm peachy pink with vivid blue splashes of contrast.
Fourth, the hotel and room interiors are stylish as well as beautiful. The walk down the nicely decorated hallway towards the bright strip of white sand and blue ocean in front of you is unforgettable.
And fifth, the staff are special people who seem to have been hand picked for Hawaii's top hotel. We had the pleasure of meeting the friendly general manager Kelly Hoen who went out of her way to spend time talking. How many GMs do you see walking around a hotel, let alone meet?
We were lucky enough to dine at the memorable Azure restaurant overlooking the beach, and that alone is a story worth telling - a seafood restaurant where the buyers bid for the freshest produce at 5.30 every morning at Hawaii's famous fish market. The wine list is terrific but it's hard to go past one of their superb pina coladas as you look out over the curve of Waikiki Beach all the way up to Diamond Head.
We've stayed at and loved the Moana Surfrider before (also a Starwood property) and this timme also checked out the Halekulani, but that was more expensive and for us, not a patch on the grandeur and history of the Royal Hawaiian.
Thanks so much for making this our best holiday ever.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1927, the iconic Royal Hawaiian, a Luxury Collection Resort, ushered in a new era of luxurious resort travel to Hawaii. Situated in the heart of Waikiki, the hotel offers cultural activities, gold standard signature concierge service, valet parking, doctors-on-call, florist, currency exchange service, Japanese concierge, laundry and dry cleaning, dining service and world-class restaurants and bars, wireless internet access in rooms and all public areas, multi-lingual staff, 24-hour room service, business center, and beach and pool services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Ebookers, Southall Travel, TravelUp, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The Royal Hawaiian, a Luxury Collection Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Hawaiian, a Luxury Collection Hotel Honolulu
- Royal Hawaiian Honolulu
- The Royal Hawaiian, a Luxury Collection Resort Hawaii/Honolulu