“Absolutely awesome” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #34 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
Las Vegas
“Absolutely awesome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2012

My wife and i recently had the pleasure of 5 nights for our honeymoon. This hotel was fantastic from the start. We stayed at 4 hotels during our trip and all but one hotel gave us excellent service, here. When booking hotels i mentioned to all of them that we were on our honeymoon. This hotel ensured we hd a beautiful view which meant a lot to me.

Keiko our concierge arranged some tours for us which made things so easy. Her knowledge was unquestionnable and she really helped us. Sh also assisted when i arranged surprise flowers for my wife. Keiko was reaaly helpful and the hotel prices were no dearer than all the offers in tourist brochures.

The management kindly gave us complimentary choccies too! Lcation is perfect and we are already hoping to come back here. The hotel is just awesome and hidden treasure!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Kevn E

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (266)
  • Korean first
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2012

The Waikiki Parc Hotel is a stylish hotel that is in very close proximity to Waikiki Beach (reached by walking down a very nearby access way), shopping, restaurants and the ABC store on Lewers Street (which is great for food, drinks and souvenirs). All Waikiki Parc hotel staff were helpful and friendly and I loved the fact that we had free internet and free parking. I had pre-booked a rental car from Budget (which is located in the reasonably close-by Hyatt Regency Hotel) but I discovered, upon arrival, that the Waikiki Parc Hotel offers its own 'by the hour' car rental that is worth checking out.
Our 8th floor room was very tastefully furnished, had very comfortable beds and had a mountain and high rise buildings view that offered changing cloud formations and occasional rainbows.
Given that we intended to spend most of our time away from our room, I didn't feel that it was necessary to pay more for an ocean view room. Little did I know that our cheaper room had a hidden cost! On all four mornings of our stay, we were woken up religiously at 5.30 AM by a garbage truck that was noisily emptying bins. By the fourth morning I was ready to scream!!!
I had learnt my lesson. Upon arrival at our next destination, the Sheraton Maui, I immediately upgraded from a room overlooking the tennis courts to a totally peaceful oceanfront room.
Would I stay again at the Waikiki Parc Hotel? Most definitely. Would I stay again in a mountain view room? Never!!!

Room Tip: Definitely get a room that is on the ocean side. If you are keen on a good ocean view, ask for a ro...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
8 Thank EvelynSydney
NSW
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2012

Very modern with a real ambient feel. Some of the rooms are a bit small but the overall feel of the place is great. The staff are very helpful and the hotel is in a quiet spot well at least it gives that feeling because the entrance is in a quiet little street off the main street. Very clean and comfortable place to stay in Waikiki.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank KazNsw
Sydney. Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2012 via mobile

Stayed on level 22 and had a wonderful oceanview room. Very comfortable room and good value.
Only issue was bad coffee and powdered milk. No real mini bar either.
Great location and close walk to beach and eateries. Reception staff very friendly and welcoming.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Mavis66
SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2012

This was a hotel I have wanted to stay at as I have been to Hawaii before. We were originally in a mountainview room and this was a little disappointing but we upgraded to an ocean view and this was great. The staff were very accommodating and it was situated in a great spot. Easy to get around and very easy to access the beach.
The included breakfast became quite boring( only scrambled eggs on offer every day) with the same accompaniments.
The concierge was very helpful but gave us some wrong advice resulting in us travelling to the North Shore on a very crowded weekend.
However a great fun experience.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank CDUTTS
Edmonton
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2012

It’s ok. The room seemed a bit outdated and well used. The view of the ocean and hearing the ocean as I slept was the only thing I liked but I spend very little time in my room and if I want to see the ocean, I much rather like going to the beach itself which is a one min walk away across the street. The room facing the ocean is very noisy though in the mornings (even being on the 18th floor) with the sounds of service trucks to other hotels – beep, beep, beep… you know that annoying reversing sound. The pool area is nice but $7 for a local beer (and they dont let you bring your own), youve got to be kidding me - make sure to use your 2 for 1 coupon they give you when checking in. They have a shower room you can use if your flight is late at night (has a shower, toilet, sink, blowdryer, soaps and towels)... but it feels like a room in south east asia. kinda scuzzy looking. Was nice to use but i kept my sandals on. The hotel is also in a weird spot, both of the hotel entrances are kinda in these alley looking locations, good location overall for walking to everything though. So I really don’t think the price of this hotel is worth it but apparently that’s kind of what you pay in Waikiki. Our group rate was $162 per night and I would not pay anymore than that for this hotel. Even that seemed high for what it really was. The wifi in my room did not work at all, we had to buy an extra data package or use the computer center (which is quite nice). The hotel just seems like it tries too hard to be this posh fancy place, when it’s just a hotel. Overall it’s just ok. When paying, I was charged $20 extra dollars for the last night, I asked about this and they told me it was because of their high occupancy rate (so because the hotel is full and we booked it six months ago, you charge me more – ya that makes total sense). I know their high occupancy line was a lie, as my friends were newlyweds and given rooms a few days prior right beside other wedding party guests. When they inquired to be moved, they were told the hotel was booked solid. Seems like that is an excuse for many things. Anyways, back to the payment time… I then replied I shouldn’t be charged more on my last night because their wifi didn’t work the entire time (when I initially brought it up to the staff, they mentioned someone would have to go into our room and reset the modem etc, which I didn’t have time to schedule), the front desk person told me ‘sorry about that but that’s not going to affect the price, it’s just an extra feature’. Really? We actually had to call our phone provider to give us a roaming data package on our phones for $40 because their wifi didn’t work in the comfort of my own room… free wifi is something I look for in a hotel and when it doesn’t work as it should - it’s a factor. The front desk also told me regarding the extra cost on the last night (that was booked by the wedding party six months ago) that there was small print that there would be a rate change on the last night. I never saw this as the wedding party booked everything, the front desk told me that I should check with them to see if they got this information. I just said its fine and settled the bill as I don’t think it’s appropriate to call the groom on his honeymoon and ask him if he knew about the rate increase on the last night. Really it’s just the hotel taking extra money and a customer having no say. It’s just not right. Put yourself in our shoes! Why would you want to pay more when you were given a special rate, you expect that rate to stay the same the entire time! Common sense and good business sense. I walked out of there steaming mad. I wouldn’t recommend the hotel.

Room Tip: They have a shower room you can use if your flight is late at night (has a shower, toilet, sink, blo...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank xaigirl
Auckland, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2012

Stayed at the Waikiki Parc for 10 nights… didn’t want to leave!!
Booked a double room with partial ocean view.

Arrived around 11pm after a long flight from New Zealand. Check in was quick and easy, we were even upgraded to a prime ocean view room. Great start! Room itself was spacious enough for two girls with a lot of luggage. Beds super comfy and most importantly room and bathroom was spotlessly clean. Keep in mind the rooms are by no means “luxury resort” standard with all the trimmings, but instead clean, modern and functional. In fact a lot better than we expected. This was our first time in Hawaii and we spent a lot of time researching hotels. After hearing a number of horror stories from friends about musty old hotels in Waikiki, we were really happy we choose the Waikiki Parc.

The good stuff…

Location
Perfect for Waikiki. The hotel is sandwiched between the Sheraton and Halekulani. It’s in the nicer part of Waikiki, close to great dinning options and an ABC store (great grocery chain store). It’s also only a minute walk to great shopping options including Victoria’s Secret and Sephora. It’s a very short walk to Waikiki Beach, public transport and tour bus pick up spots. Location just can’t be beat! Even has a 24 hour Denny's on the doorstep if you arrive late (or need something greasy after a night out!).

Rooms
Clean and tidy. Beds super comfy and housekeeping were brilliant. Small lanai (balcony) was perfect for a wine while watching the sunset. We could also watch the evening show next door at the Halekulani. We had neighbours, but never heard a peep. One thing other reviewers have mentioned is the noise early in the morning from delivery and rubbish trucks. Yes we heard the reverse beeps on the first morning, but it wasn’t anything we couldn’t sleep through during the rest of our stay.

Facilities
The hotel was fully booked, but we never saw more than a dozen people in the communal areas. Pool was good for a quick dip to cool off; my only complaint is there wasn’t enough shade. The real winner for us was breakfast; included in our booking. Breakfast was buffet style, with a good small selection of American and Japanese options. Scrambled eggs, fresh fruit… all fantastic. BUT what made our breakfast each morning was the service. Lovely Karene greeted us each morning and found the time to have a chat with us each day about our plans. Karene gave us fantastic shopping tips and also gave us directions to beaches the locals visit. We found all the staff friendly and helpful.

Out of curiosity we visited or walked past a number of hotels we thought about booking. All were bursting at the seams with tourist buses or other people like us just wandering around. In comparison Waikiki Parc was a quiet little oasis, just off the main tourist strip. It was heaven to walk into a peaceful lobby after a day of shopping or night out. There was never a wait for anything, including the concierge.

A few tips…

English Breakfast Tea – we are Kiwi girls who love a good cuppa. Unfortunately good English Breakfast Tea is hard to find in Hawaii. If you like a good cuppa, take some tea with you. Waikiki Parc’s house tea is English Breakfast, but like most of the tea we found in Oahu (including specialty tea stores) has a bit of a floral taste. Starbucks was the only place that offered real English Breakfast.

Beach – Waikiki Beach is less than a minute walk. Nice, but as expected packed with tourists. Walk or catch a bus instead to the New Ohani Hotel and enjoy the beach there (forgot the name). Karene and the concierge both suggested this beach and we loved it. Brunch at the New Ohani Hotel is great too!

Shopping – take comfy shoes! ☺ Ala Moana is a monster!

We loved Oahu and our stay at Waikiki Parc really topped off a wonderful trip. It would be my first choice for the Waikiki area. Rooms and facilities are great, but it really is the friendly staff and overall quiet calm that makes this place special ☺

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends