Stayed here the second half of my second trip to Oahu. This hotel is maybe a 1-star. The staff are sort of friendly. One night I went for a run and asked the front desk to hold me key, they said no as I had no ID to pick it back up. I asked him if he was working all night he said yes. I asked him what would happen if I lost while on my run as I had no pockets. He replied with "well we couldn't let you into your room", so then I said okay Id have to sleep in the lobby then?? he huffed, sighed, rolled his eyes and then said he would do it ONLY once. The beach towels are located on the second floor. Which is fine except you get a sign out slip that your supposed to bring back with you when you return the towels (extra hassle for no reason). The elevators at the hotel have a mind of their own, I had to push the button 5 different times (light on, light off, no elevator, repeat) The beds are not very comfortable unless you like hard bed. The rooms are plain but I did have a mirror. If you like to swim at a pool this hotel does have that going for it. NO free local calls, they charge a dollar each! Other hotels with the same price point are nicer (Like the Aqua Aloha Surf- same price way better amenities). This hotel also only provides shampoo and soap (no lotion, conditioner or gel body wash)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Ambassador Hotel - A Waikiki Hotel, where our ideal Waikiki location meets exceptional value. We are conveniently located in the heart of Waikiki, on the island of Oahu, offering something for everyone looking for the perfect Hawaiian Vacation; Oahu Activities, beautiful beaches, Surfing, Hawaii Golf, Shopping in Waikiki, Waikiki Restaurants and much more.Residence-style comforts including Full Kitchens, Free Cable Internet, Cable Televisions, Flat Screen TV's and more. Lounge by our sparkling Swimming Pool or take a short stroll over to gorgeous Waikiki Beach. Just 9 miles from Honolulu International Airport. Conveniently located on the Waikiki Trolley line and bus routes. Shuttle Service by Roberts Hawai’i available. Close to Ala Moana Shopping Mall, Waikiki Beach & other Oahu Activities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Ambassador Hotel Waikiki reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ambassador Hotel Honolulu
- Ambassador Hotel Waikiki Hawaii/Honolulu