The location of this hotel is great! right in the middle of Kalakaua Ave in the heart of Waikiki, and just across the street from the beach! Also it connects to International Marketplace and a short walk will take you to Kuhio Ave. So once again, the location is fantastic!
If you are looking for a decent hotel with a great location, this is it! Everyone on staff that we encountered, from the front desk to housekeeping to valet attendants were all super pleasant! Even the cashier in the little convenience store was nice. It's always a pleasure when people in the hospitality industry truly know the meaning of the word "hospitality" and this place has it in spades!
The rooms were a little on the smaller side, but it had everything we needed for a comfortable stay. Plus it was clean. I think the description said two queen beds, but really they felt more like full sized. no matter, tho it was comfortable.
The king sized bed felt a lot bigger than our king bed at home so that was nice!
We initially had one room for two nights, but then we added on an extra room for the second night and front desk managed to get the adjoining one to our original room
We enjoyed the top floor and both rooms had partial ocean view which faced the morning sun (much better than the hot afternoon sun)
They have 6 elevators which all are pretty fast. So the elevators are never jam packed.
As for restaurants in the hotel the famous Jimmy Buffett's Maragaritaville is downstairs and yes they get pretty busy, and yes, the margaritas are yummy! Food was decent. Restaurant had a wall showing beach and mermaid videos. There will be a separate review for this place.
They also have a Surf Museum Bar with all kinds of neat memorabilia from Apocalypse Now as well as other surfing related coolness. We hung out there most of the time because the bartender(ess) were so friendly and it was never super crowded. Happy Hour was from 1030a.m. to 6p.m. it connected to the pool deck so you could pop in for a cold one and go right back out to the pool.
The pool, however, was tiny, but good enough for a quick dip if needed. personally, I prefer the short walk to the ocean across the street.
There is also the Magic of Polynesia show in the hotel, so you really could get it all right there. Rooms, food, entertainment.
I would stay here again. even though I live in Hawaii. LOL
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Waikiki Beachcomber by Outrigger is a 496-room Urban Oasis conveniently located in the heart of Waikiki, just 300 steps to world famous Waikiki Beach. Next door to the International Marketplace and home of the new Maui Brewing Co. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Waikiki Beachcomber by Outrigger reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Waikiki Beachcomber Hotel Honolulu
- Ohana Waikiki Beachcomber Honolulu
- Waikiki Beachcomber By Outrigger Hawaii/Honolulu