“Great Place to Stay”

Ranked #33 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
Caringbah, Australia
“Great Place to Stay”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I was travelling on my own with my teenage son and found the location great, housekeeping staff were superb. Overall staff very friendly and helpful. Would definitely stay again. Ideal for family and friends.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Guest Service M... B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Waikiki Beachcomber, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Aloha and thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We are so happy that you enjoyed the location and that the staff were superb. Please come back to visit us again. Safe travels. Mahalo.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (731)
  • Korean first
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed 24 June 2014

My experience at this hotel is nothing short of fantastic.

Patrick, Ryan, and the housekeeping supervisor, Fioncia were very helpful in getting me comfortable during our stay. Hats off!

I will stay hear again because of their incredible service.

Room Tip: Ask for a room above 17
Green Features: The hotel was very good about providing several options for thinking through environmentally safe options for enhancing your stay. For example, towel locks, etc.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Aloha and thank you for your great review. We are glad you found your beachcomber stay to be fantastic. We truly have a wonderful housekeeping staff and they will be delighted to see this comments. Thank you again and we hope to see you again. Safe travels home.
Paris, France
Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed there for the personal bits of a business trip. Chose the hotel because I am a Holiday Inn "frequent sleeper" and like the brand, but also because of the location and value for money they offered at the time.

For sure, the hotel is ideally located, in the center of Kalakaua Avenue, next to pretty much everything. A quick check will show you you are not "on" the beach: there is a row of hotels between you and the ocean. This May or may not be a big deal, this really depends on you.

From here you can walk pretty much everywhere in Waikiki, including the Ala Moana Mall if you are into shopping centers.

Nice feature: a pool deck with a bar (Jimmy Buffet's).

Pleasant staff for the most part, but don't fool yourself: this is a bit of large hotel where personalized service is not the standard. But anything you ask, you get an answer.

Would certainly return if I had a chance to go back and not looking for something upper scale.

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Thank you for being a loyal IHG rewards club member and for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. Our location is definitely a plus but yes we are not located on the beach but it's just 300 steps away or a quick 3-5 minute walk. We also glad you got all your questions answered. We hope you get to visit us again soon. Mahalo.
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 23 June 2014

This hotel location was amazing.

I mean its opposite to cheesecake factory shop. Its above Macy's. 1 minute walk to the waikiki beach. Everything is right in front of you.

We arrived early, the room was not ready however, they did organised the room for us before the check-in time which was lovely. Room was nice. Nothing special but had a beautiful balcony looking out to waikiki beach. They lend beach towels to the guests which is very convenient. Lift was never busy and full. I hate it when I have to wait for like 10 hrs to go down stairs.

I just loved the stay here. I will definitely go back there and I will definitely recommend others to stay here too!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Guest Service M... B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Waikiki Beachcomber, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Aloha and thank you for your kind review of your recent Beachcomber stay! We're delighted to hear that you found our hotel, location and staff to your liking and that you enjoyed your time in Waikiki. We look forward to your return to the Holiday Inn Waikiki Beachcomber
Resort in the near future. Mahalo,
Newcastle, Australia
Reviewed 22 June 2014

This was my first for this hotel .. 2 stays one before cruise and then back for a few days.. We stored our bags free of charge for the return stay..
Excellent central location .. We had a room upgrade as we needed a disabled room ((recovering from broken ankle and an elderly person. Recovering from broken leg in our party). Wonderful view. Short walk to beach.. Jimmy buffets underneath.. Pool so close.. Great view of the 3 parades that were on the week we were there.. Didn't need room service.. Great helpful staff.. Easy access. .. I didn't give the 5 star as I found a toe nail in my bed .. After sheet change.. Must have come from laundry.. But I would not let that stop m from coming again.. It ticked all the boxes..

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Aloha and thank you for your kind comments on the Beachcomber! Our team is delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and most happy to hear about you describing our great service! We feel we have a very good product and location and offer a great value here in Waikiki, but take the greatest pride in taking care of our many customers. We hope your future travel plans include Honolulu again and if so, we look forward to welcoming you back to the Beachcomber. Mahalo,

P.S. I do apologize about the toe nail
Melbourne
Reviewed 22 June 2014

The location of this hotel is fantastic. Most of the staff are very friendly too. There was one that was a little unhelpful, but generally they went out their way to help you.
The concierges were fantastic! My concierge was James Speight, and he went out of his way to make sure the tours and trips he booked for me were the best within my price range. He also made sure he followed up with me afterwards to make sure I had a great time. I highly recommend them!
The negatives of this hotel is that there is no in room dining at all, and no mini bar. And by that, I mean that there is not even water in the fridge. The breakfast at Jimmy's downstairs was also very very average. Everything tasted like it has been reheated and is a couple of days old. Having said - that it's very cheap and the staff are friendly. The dinner there is also much better than breakfast.
All in all I would say that this hotel is great value for money considering the location. I would stay again!

• Stayed May 2014
Guest Service M... B, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Waikiki Beachcomber, responded to this review, 22 June 2014
Aloha and thank you for the great review. It is wonderful to learn that you enjoyed your Beachcomber stay. James is truly a master at finding what works best for each of our guests and he is certainly a great asset to our amazing Beachcomber Ohana. We will be sure to pass the kind praises. We hope that you will come back to the Holiday Inn Waikiki Beachcomber soon and Mahlo Nui Loa for the awesome review.
Tinley Park, Illinois
Reviewed 21 June 2014

I have been staying at this hotel since 1973 off and on. And streight for the last 7 years. I booked a partial oceanview room was given a run off the house room with the only view of a buiding. When i compland i was given partial oceanview next to the elevator for 3 night. you could hear the elevator everytime it when up and down. finaialy was moverd to a nice room for the other 3 nights. Itold the front desk I was a REWARD MEMBER, how many time i stayed there. they didnt care. More of Wakiki is being like that. Next time ill take my money somewhere else.

Room Tip: Take Your money sonewhere else.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank backkauai
Simeon M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Waikiki Beachcomber, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Thank you for reviewing us on Trip Advisor. Mahalo for staying with us since 1973, we truly appreciate your patronage. We sincerely apologize for not providing a better view room. Please contact us so we may make this right for you. June, July and August are the busiest months in Waikiki and Ocean view rooms are at a premium, as a reward member we always try to provide the best room available and at times the ocean view rooms are booked in advance because of the heavy occupancies in Honolulu. As always, out team looks over all room inventories each day and reviews each room requests and placement in the resort – each team member does their very best to satisfy each guest and commit to providing warm Aloha hospitality. Thank you for your patience and understanding. We hope you return to the beautiful island of Oahu. Mahalo nui loa!