“Yummy locally grown gourmet sustainable lunch.”
Review of Downtown @ the HiSAM - CLOSED

Downtown @ the HiSAM
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Cuisines: Contemporary, Bar, Fusion
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Downtown Honolulu
Reviewed 16 November 2011

Sooo awesome to finally be able to eat fresh greens done gourmet at lunch. Worked nearby for years and finally found the best place ever for a quick lunch. Travelers checking out the Hawaii State Art Museaum are in luck. Directly across from Iolani Palace. Choose from a sandwich, paninis, quiche, tarts, soup, and an assortment of antipastas (today I had roasted beets with grapefruit), nalo greens dressed in lemon/ olive oil, and three other sides including a white bean, tuna, watercress salad that came with french bread. At the counter "To Go" in a sustainable carton. I can walk over from work and actually find something to eat healthy and fresh and interesting. The chef knows his stuff. I am waiting to try the seared ahi club to go the next time. Already visited twice this week, I could go every day but don't have a $60 a week lunch budget. If you have time, you can sit down and order from another menu. However, with perfect weather in downtown Honolulu, I would take advantage of eating outside. I hear the desserts are awsome too. Tried the lemonaide both days--not too sweet or tart. Just do it!

Reviewed 29 September 2011

We stopped here for lunch at the recommendation of a friend as we were touring the Iolani Palace and had seen the State Art Museum. This place serves some wonderful dishes at very reasonable prices. All organic; fresh and very well prepared. I had a panini (pastrami and harvarti) and my wife had an ahi tuna club. They cooked the ahi well done at my wife's request and it was delicious. This place does a good business with the noontime workers in the area but most tourists may not realize what a great spot this is if you're at the state house or Iolani Palace. A great spot for lunch.

Reviewed 26 August 2011

We happened to find this gem by accident. It is across the street from the Iolani Palace in an art museum. Small place, but fabulous, local organic food at great prices with super service. So good we went 2 days in a row for lunch. We found out the owner also has Town an italian restaurant in Kaimuki, Hi. We didn't have time this trip to go there as well, but it will be on our list for next trip.

Reviewed 22 April 2011

When you eat downtown, you sort of expect to compromise. You either pay too much or stuff hot garbage in your face, probably while standing up.

But Downtown is classy. it is interesting locally sourced food, with a menu that changes constantly. The restaurant is located at the Hawaii State Art Museum, with contemporary artwork on the walls.

There is counter service for those on-the-go, and the daily specials are a real treat.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook