“7k. Circle island/ Pearl Harbor tour”

Discover Hawaii Tours
Ranked #22 of 332 Tours in Honolulu
More attraction details
Owner description: Leave those giant motor coaches to the herd. Savvy travelers join Discover Hawaii Tours on our small-group tours that include the Road to Hana, island sightseeing, eco tours, private tours and much more. Our huge selection of tours and our friendly, professional tour guides create an unforgettable experience of Hawaii that you'll love. We want you to feel at home in our islands, and it's our mission to provide the perfect tour for your Hawaiian vacation. We want you to love our tours so much that you’ll tell your friends! Since 1995, we’ve hand-selected the finest tour guides in the islands. Our guides are experts on Hawaiian history and culture, including Pearl Harbor and ancient Hawaiian folklore. When you choose Discover Hawaii Tours, your tour guide will be as memorable as the breathtaking sights around you.Discover Hawaii Tours is a locally owned and operated company with headquarters in Honolulu.
Dunbar, Pa
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“7k. Circle island/ Pearl Harbor tour”
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Our tour guide for the day was Kona. He was a native Hawaiian and currently lives on Oahu. At first I was a little skeptical but he turned out to be a real gem. I loved hearing about the culture and traditions from a native Hawaiian. He was friendly, informative, and funny. The first stop on the tour was Pearl Harbor. He did not accompany us on the tour. It was my first time to Pearl Harbor and I will never forget it. After Pearl Harbor we traveled around the island and checked out a few sites and notable beaches. Throughout the drive Kona provided a background. We stopped at a ranch for lunch. Lunch was a sandwich, chips, and a cookie. It was pretty good. The only confusing part of the day occurred at the end. We were staying on Kauai and needed to head to the airport. We were picked up at the airport and assumed we would be dropped off there too. However we were all dropped off at a hotel in Waikiki and had to wait for another shuttle to take us to the airport. When the next tour bus showed up it was not heading to the airport. We had to stand on side walk outside of this hotel for like 25 minutes until the shuttle arrived. All in all it was a great tour.

1 Thank E O
DiscoverHawaiiTours, Manager at Discover Hawaii Tours, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Mahalo for joining us on a tour and thank you for your feedback. We are glad to know Kona took good care of you. We continually strive to deliver the best tour experience possible to each and every guest, and we are sorry about the drop off location miscommunication. We value your time, business and feedback. Please direct message us at jackie@discoverhawaiitours.com if we can be of further assistance.

• Korean first
  • Slovak first
Sydney, Australia
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Excellent”
Reviewed 28 June 2014

We did the Circle Island Eco Tour with Keith as our tour guide. It was a great way to see an overview of the island of Oahu in one day - there is much more to see other than Waikiki and the rest if the island is very different and more natural. Keith was very informative and helped make the day fun. Highly recommended tour.

2 Thank jes18
Mahalo for the gracious review. We appreciate knowing Keith took good care of you on your Circle Island Tour. It was our pleasure to take you along and share the beauty, culture and heritage we're so proud of. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Jefferson City, Missouri
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Pearl Harbor Tour”
Reviewed 28 June 2014

wow this was a great tour, the van was comfortable and not crowed the tour guide lived on the Island and was very informative about the people and the Island it was a great tour Her name was Karamn.

1 Thank Francine E
Mahalo for the gracious review. We appreciate knowing the tour guide took good care of you on your Pearl Harbor tour. It was our pleasure to take you along and share the culture we're so proud of. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Fort White, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“"Wanted us to change our plans to Pearl Harbor"”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

My wife and I were going to Maui for our anniversary and were booking several different outings for the limited time we had there. I booked a tour with a flight from Maui to Pearl Harbor and paid for the trip, got an email from Discover Hawaii that they will be sending me a confirmation email with important trip details shortly at 8:11PM (EST). So we continued booking other tours, along with 3 rounds of golf at the plantation course where we were staying at with another couple that was coming in later than us. Then at 10:14PM (EST) two hours later I received an email from them asking me to call to discuss our tour, only to learn what I had booked and been charged for was not available because they did not have enough seats on the plane for us and want me to change my dates. I told the girl that I had already booked other things and then she asked me what so she could call them to change our plans. As I tried to explain to her we make our on plans and we were not going to changed them because we have a schedule that we want to go by. So I just told her to refund my money and she said it would take 7 to 10 days to do that, at which time I thought was a little unreasonable to me because they took my money in just a minute from my checking account, but wanted to wait 7 to 10 days to return my money because they do not a real time computer system to allow customers to book tours. I then asked to speak to the owner, but was given a manger on duty who told me that the accounting department had left for the day and she would process it tomorrow and it would take about 3 to 4 days. Once again I explained to her that in the modern world of technology they need to update their computer system to allow customers real time knowledge to prevent these problems. She proceeded to tell me that most people are more willing to change their plans to help them and I explained to her that we make our plans for us not others and I told her that I felt that if they could take my money so fast with having me agree with the changed trip, they need to refund my money just as fast. She told me that she would contact the accounting department manager to refunded my account the next day. Having a family business we know how important it is to take care of the client, not make them change to accommodate your mistakes and then ad insult to injury to make them wait for their money back. I would recommend that someone go get a MBA and then apply common sense to business knowledge of diversification of technology. This is 2014, you can get real time on a phone now.

2 Thank Derrel M
We continually strive to deliver the best experience possible to each and every guest, and we are sorry you had this experience. Kindly let us know what day you were to tour with us so we may address this further. We value your time, business and feedback. Please direct message us at jackie@discoverhawaiitours.com.
Melbourne, Australia
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“A great day and small tour groups”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

We did 2 tours with Discover Hawaii, the island tour and finshed with the Lula at Sea Life Park. It was a great day and saw heaps of the island that we didn't even know. It was a great way to see the island and to finish off with the Lula which I highly recommend. The second tour was with Andrew and his is great. it was the adventure tour, where we went surfing, waterfall swim and to finish off snokelling at Hanauma Bay, this was the best part of the tour and the snokelling is awesome one of the best reefs I've been to, the fish are every where and very friendly ... if you are lucky you might see a turtle (which we did). But Discover Hawaii tours did a great job in showing us the best of what the island has to offer and so glad we booked the tours. The best thing is all our tours groups where small which was a bonus. Highly recommend

Visited May 2014
3 Thank Kerrie C
Mahalo for the gracious review. We are so happy to know the guides took good care of you. It was our pleasure to take you along and share the beauty, culture and heritage we're so proud of. We look forward to seeing you again soon!