“The Complete Pearl Harbor Experience - July 6”

Discover Hawaii Tours
Book In Advance
More Info
US$104.70*
and up
Oahu Circle Island Tour
Ranked #20 of 328 Tours in Honolulu
More attraction details
Owner description: Leave those giant motor coaches to the herd. Savvy travelers join Discover Hawaii Tours on our small-group tours that include the Road to Hana, island sightseeing, eco tours, private tours and much more. Our huge selection of tours and our friendly, professional tour guides create an unforgettable experience of Hawaii that you'll love. We want you to feel at home in our islands, and it's our mission to provide the perfect tour for your Hawaiian vacation. We want you to love our tours so much that you’ll tell your friends! Since 1995, we’ve hand-selected the finest tour guides in the islands. Our guides are experts on Hawaiian history and culture, including Pearl Harbor and ancient Hawaiian folklore. When you choose Discover Hawaii Tours, your tour guide will be as memorable as the breathtaking sights around you.Discover Hawaii Tours is a locally owned and operated company with headquarters in Honolulu.
Ottawa, Canada
“The Complete Pearl Harbor Experience - July 6”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

July 6, 2014 - I had an outstanding tour with Christine (aka Queen Christine - professionally dressed with red T-shirt included company name/logo thus helped to pick out in a crowd). Was picked up on time (6:00am) and was greeted warmly. I knew right from the start it was going to be a great day with her enthusiasm and friendly personality. Christine introduced herself and then gave a general overview of Pearl Harbor attacks with facts and an overview of history (reciting a few lines of Roosevelt's speech). First stop (7:00am) - World War II Valor in the Pacific National Monument (USS Arizona and USS Bowfin). She picked up our tickets and was 'always' specific on meeting times and places. This I appreciated so much as I do not have patience nor respect individuals or groups who think that they can waste everyone else day... with that I say 'Thank you'! Gave an overview of the next 2.5-3 hrs of what to see and do. Also, which I thought was amazing and I followed exactly was where to sit on the boat to the USS Arizona (great pictures). Not going to tell you her secret... that's for Christine to tell... ;) 11:00am - we pulled away (note: everyone onboard) and off to Ford Island to USS Missouri and had a group tour with George (Battleship Tour Guide) and once again a no-b.s. kind of guy. He did an outstanding job with the tour giving the history of this amazing monument to world history. 12:40am as Christine pointed out we were off to Pacific Aviation Museum Pearl Harbor on Ford Island. Again with amazing luck was given a tour by Kalani Baker. This guy was amazing and a wealth of information. He took one breath at 1:00pm and I think he exhaled at 2:30pm. Tour bus back to USS Arizona for individuals to pick up their bags and buy a few more things. 3:00pm - off to Punchbowl Crater: National Memorial Cemetery of the Pacific and then a few sights in downtown area (King Kamehameha Statue). 4:00pm - started dropping individuals off and finally back to the Sheraton Princess Kaiulani at 4:45pm. Great day - Great experience! Thank you Discover Hawaii Tours but especially to Christine. From your Northern Neighbour... eh! ;)

Visited July 2014
DiscoverHawaiiTours, Manager at Discover Hawaii Tours, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Mahalo for the gracious review. We value knowing that our guide Christine took care of you on your Complete Pearl Harbor tour. It was our pleasure to take you along and share the culture and heritage we're so proud of, while showing you the beauty of Hawaii. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

• Korean first
  • Slovak first
Brookhaven, Mississippi
“Thanks to Bjorn Erlandson!”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

My husband and I just returned from Maui. One of the highlights of our vacation was the tour to Hana and surrounding attractions with our excellent tour guide, Bjorn. He knew so many interesting and humorous stories that made the history of the area come alive. We had a wonderful day with many extra touches that some tour guides wouldn't have taken the time to prepare. Thanks so much for such a memorable experience! You would not go wrong choosing a tour with Bjorn as your guide!

Visited June 2014
79 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Outstanding: The only way to see Oahu!”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We took two tours with this company. Pearl Harbor and an Around Oahu tour. All of the tours where great. The guides were friendly and knowledgeable. The group sizes were 12-16 people. The bus size was perfect, with large viewing windows. The people in the group were a varied bunch, a few Auzzies, U.S. families with older children for west coast and the midwest. The tours were the ONLY way to see the many sites in a timely manner and with none of the Honolulu traffic to deal with yourself. Our guide made a few extra stops since we were good at returning to the bus on time. The lunch at Kualoa Ranch was good and plenty of food. I will use this tour company whenever I am in Hawaii from now on.

Visited June 2014
DiscoverHawaiiTours, Manager at Discover Hawaii Tours, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Larry, mahalo for the gracious review. We value knowing that our guides took care of you on both of your tours. It was our pleasure to take you along and share the culture and heritage we're so proud of, while showing you the beauty of Hawaii. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Liana or. Eric”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Excellent but bus needs better suspension. Liana great tour guide. Highly recommended
Must do go now see the turtles swim eat pineapple

Visited July 2014
DiscoverHawaiiTours, Manager at Discover Hawaii Tours, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Mahalo for the gracious review. Great to know our tour guides took good care of you. It was our pleasure to take you along and share the culture and heritage we're so proud of. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Marysville, Ohio
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Extremely Disappointed”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

The tour guides were friendly and knowledgeable however that is the only positive feedback I can give. I have booked 3 tours and have already taken 2 which were not as advertised. First on the big island volcano tour I did not see lava but was told after the fact if I would have gone on the helicopter there was a better chance. The second tour was a circle island tour in which the booking agent told my concierge that we would have a 15 minute stop at the Byodo-In Temple. To my overwhelming disappointment we did not even drive by. Upon return to the hotel I called Discover Hawaii Tours myself to find out why and they simply said it was my fault because I picked the wrong tour. When I explained their booking agent told us it was included they just said sorry it is not one of the stops on this package. I then asked about the lava from the big island volcano tour and was again told this was my fault because I should have called them instead of the concierge. Speaking with customer service was just as disappointing because I was told everything was my fault because they had my money and did not care any further. I would strongly NOT recommend this tour service.

3 Thank 27jane1701
Mahalo for joining us on a tour and thank you for your feedback. We continually strive to deliver the best tour possible to each and every guest, and we are sorry this situation occurred. Kindly let us know what day you toured with us so we may address this. We value your time, business and feedback. Please direct message us at jackie@discoverhawaiitours.com.