Last year we spent some time in a penthouse suite and thought we would never be so fortunate as to do it again. Not so! As luck would have it, we managed to squeeze three nights in the Penthouse again this year. It did not disappoint.
To clarify, the penthouse suites at the Grand Waikikian are not your standard HGVC Penthouse suites. It comes with private Penthouse concierge service, daily cleaning service and evening turndown service, Penthouse lounge, complimentary continental breakfast, and cocktail/ pupu hour nightly including complimentary beer/wine. Penthouse suites are floors 35 and up. Theses cost a ridiculous amount of points (but are totally worth it).
This year we got a two bedroom penthouse (ph) suite - room 3511. This suite was truly amazing. Being on the end of the building, it encompassed the entire side of the building, and offered three balconies each with its own view on a different side of the building. So we had a diamond head view (lots of ocean), a city view/ ocean view, and a full city view. Unreal!! The suite was beautifully decorated, well appointed and in good shape. Two balconies were average size and one was quite long. The views were gorgeous. Both bedrooms had bathrooms with jacuzzi tubs under the windows that allowed you to relax in the tub while enjoying the beautiful city lights at night. The second bedroom's shower was quite large and had a seat in the shower. Both bedrooms had their own balconies. The layout was not as open as the standard two-bedroom floor plan because of its end location, but given those views, there was no reason to complain. The suite is also on the same floor as the Penthouse lounge, which was very convenient. That meant we also had convenient access to the concierge staff just down the hall. There was no increased noise associated with being near the lounge.
What really makes having a penthouse suite worthwhile is actually, in our opinion, the amazing Penthouse staff. We were really thrilled to see no turnover in the concierge staff from last year. Each one of them is remarkable in their own way. They are on top of everything, knowledgeable, multi-lingual, and just plain pleasant. We just love each one of them. From managing room switches, to making a dinner reservation, to making recommendations for what not to miss on your day's plans, to just smoothing out some little wrinkle, they can be counted on 100%. They remember everything. It's great walking in to the lounge for breakfast and being greeted by "so how was dinner at Tiki's last night? Did you try the ribs?". They just never miss a beat. I am not exaggerating when I say these people make the trip go from great to spectacular!!
Penthouse was all we remembered it to be. Great suites, amazing views, and truly wonderful staff. I know we won't catch all of you (and we do mean to....not one of you fails to amaze us) and I will likely butcher some spelling but ... Thanks Keiko, Mayumi, Hiromi, David, Darlene and Stanley! We miss you already.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Waikikian by Hilton Grand Vacations is located on the grounds of the Hilton Hawaiian Village. This 38-story tower heralds a new era of elegance in the oceanfront paradise of Waikiki, a Hawaii destination of romance and dreams, of cultures and cuisines. With the surrounding Hawaiian Village at your doorstep, you can dine in over 20 restaurants and lounges, find that perfect souvenir, or enjoy a wide variety of activities the whole family will enjoy. Enjoy six swimming pools including the new Paradise Pool at Grand Waikikian by Hilton Grand Vacations. Accommodations include one and two bedroom suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Waikikian by Hilton Grand Vacations reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Waikikian Suites By Hilton Grand Vacations Hotel Honolulu
- Hilton Hotels Honolulu
- Hilton Hotel Honolulu
- Grand Waikikian By Hilton Grand Vacations Hawaii/Honolulu