“Great Rooms”

Ranked #22 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
Maui, Hawaii
“Great Rooms”
Reviewed 27 December 2013

Very nice modern rooms with a lot of space and nice amenities. The tower is beautiful and extremely clean and well maintained. As for the whole property, it is massive and can be a bit overwhelming at times.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Melbourne
Reviewed 24 December 2013 via mobile

I stayed in Partial ocean view on the 22nd floor. I'm can only see the ocean if I stick my head over the balcony . I should have paid for city view. Rooms are nice and spacious. I stayed in a one bedroom suite. Washer and dryer in the room came in handy. The hotel is based on a busy road so thankfully the doors and windows are double glazed. It's actually very quiet. Forget the pool. Over Xmas period there were no seats by the pool and no room in the pool.. Waikiki beach was fine. Ala moana is a leisurely 10 minute walk. Check in was a breeze. I will be staying here again .

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Cliff-Ange
Fox Island, WA
Reviewed 11 December 2013

This is a very nice place to spend a vacation if you are interested in seeing the city. Most places of interest are within walking distance. Places a bit farter away are easily visited using public transportation (only 2.50) or by taking a tour which the hotel will help you arrange.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Grand Vacations

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 10 December 2013

We stayed at the Grand Waikikian as part of a Hilton trip (i.e. not timeshare). The units were clean, and pretty good at keeping noise out from the other rooms around us. The service from the staff was excellent, and the restaurants on site were much better than expected.

Stirling, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed 6 December 2013

Upon arriving at the grand waikikian, the staff was helpful. Check-in was quick and I immediately went to my room. The room was okay; the shower head desperately needed to be cleaned along with hair that I also found on the walls. I laid down in bed and when I looked up, I noticed there was blue silly string on the ceiling. It was literally dangling from the ceiling. How could they miss that? The view was okay; one of the other hilton properties was blocking the view of the beach. The next day, I went to the front desk and asked about going to the USS Missouri. The women's English was poor and proceeded to tell me as best as she could that it was closed. I took my chance and went. It was NOT closed. The Arizona Memorial was. I'm glad I didn't listen to her. The little food marts in the hotel had workers in there that could also barely speak English. I understand that the hotel is geared toward Japanese tourists, but c'mon. If you plan on staying here, you'll know what I'm talking about. Everyone warned me that I should go to Maui; I wished listened.

On a side note, I also went to the Mandara Spa. My legs were in such pain I desperately needed a massage. I left not feeling any better. I asked the masseuse to please focus on my legs and to not focus on my feet. She completely ignored me and focused on my feet and barely massaged my thighs and calves. What a waste of money and time. The best part was the hot tub before the massage.

Room Tip: Make sure you specify that you want a room on a higher floor and a good view of the beach. If they...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Susana I
hiltongrandvacations, Manager at Grand Waikikian by Hilton Grand Vacations, responded to this review, 12 December 2013
Thank you very much for staying with us on your most recent stay while in Hawaii. Thank you also for taking time out of your day to write to us about the experience you had with us. I am very pleased to hear of the smooth check in process you experienced and will pass your feedback to the Front Service Managers. Very distressing though are the various conditions of the room which you outlined. I apologize profusely for this and will conduct a meeting with our housekeeping department and use your experience as a learning tool and make certain all of our rooms meet our own, not to mention our owners’ and guests’ level of expectations. As Hawaii is located in the middle of the Pacific Ocean, many of our citizens, residents, owners and guests are from other Pacific Island Countries, not to mention from our own mainland countries and various continents around the world creating a unique cultural blend. Our Team Members are reflect the same cultural blend, with English as our main spoken language. I apologize for the language hesitancy you experienced, but more so for the incorrect information you were given about the USS Missouri, and the Front Service Manager will be notified to re-train our staff to give our proper and correct information only. In regards to the Mandara Spa experience, I apologize also, and have already passed on your comments regarding your experience to the management and staff of the Mandara Spa. I thank you again for your invaluable input and hope to see you on your next visit to Hawaii, the paradise of the Pacific.

John R. Reagan
Resort Manager
Hanmer Springs, New Zealand
Reviewed 2 December 2013

A great place to go with a family, with lots to do. The central location was great, with everything in walking distance. The service of the hotel staff let them down. The pull out couch was very uncomfortable to sleep on.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Grand Vacations

3 Thank Nick H
hiltongrandvacations, Manager at Grand Waikikian by Hilton Grand Vacations, responded to this review, 5 December 2013
Thank you for staying with us and for taking time to give your input to my resort team regarding your most recent stay. We were delighted to have you as a guest at our resort and are very happy to see that you were satisfied with many components of your stay; however, I would like to personally apologize to you for the problems you experienced while at the resort.
Although there are many areas where you did identify being very satisfied with your experience, as a team we strive to achieve a perfect 10 in all areas. I am sorry you experienced some challenges with the pull out couch. Please know that experiences such as this do not go unaddressed at the resort. With your comments I will be following up with Housekeeping Department.
On behalf of the entire resort team, I would like to thank you once again for sharing your input with us so that we can continue to correct and improve the vacation experiences we provide.

Shiho Natori
Resort Manager
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed 30 November 2013

This was our first trip to Hawaii and we enjoyed it and the hotel played a large part. Our two bedroom two bath allowed us to sleep well and also hang out in the room when we were tired. We were able to buy groceries to eat breakfast and some lunches in our kitchen area. They were many restaurants to choose from but were more expensive than needed. The on site Dairy Queen was an exception and it was very popular. Staff was friendly and helpful and the place was very clean. This location is not quite on the main drag of Waikiki but this cuts down a bit on traffic and noise and the walk to Waikiki and superb high end shopping is about 10-15 minutes away.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with an odd number at the end which should give you a water side view. The higher up...
1 Thank Renea718