Outrigger Waikiki Beach Resort
US$378
US$348
Hotelpower.com
  • Beachfront
Pearl Hotel Waikiki(Honolulu)(Great Value!)
US$320
US$274
Hotelpower.com
5,159 results
All reviewshula grillocean frontdukes restauranthula piewaikiki beachlower lobbypartial ocean viewthe cheesecake factorydiamond head sideoceanfront rooma city view roomthe international marketplaceour honeymoonthe royal hawaiianfantastic locationbell staffnorth shore
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 April 2014

We stayed three nights this past week at the Outrigger Waikiki on the Beach on our way to Maui. We had a 1 bedroom deluxe oceanfront room for my self, my wife and two teenage step daughters. When we first arrived they had us booked on the 14th floor. The lovely lady who checked us in said we would be " much happier on a lower floor" and I was skeptical, especially after reading some reviews here. We were led to room 223 on the second floor and when we got to the room and opened the sliding doors it was magnificent ! We loved it. Not only was Diamond Head right there but being so low made us feel like the sand and ocean where right beneath our feet (and made it easy to keep on eye on the kids too) We sat on the balcony often and enjoyed listening to the live music below and just people watched.We truly felt we were part of it all and it was so relaxing. I cannot say enough good things about our stay at the Outrigger. We will be back for sure.

Room Tip: If you can swing the 1 bedroom deluxe ocean front room it is 100% worth it ! It set the relaxing tone and pace that lasted the rest of our vacation. Sitting on that balcony enjoying the sights and sounds allowed me to completely relax. It truly made the whole trip ! The lower floor was perfect.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank Scott S
OutriggerWaikiki, Manager at Outrigger Waikiki Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Aloha Scott S. Thank you for spending three nights at the Outrigger Waikiki on the Beach with your family. Our Deluxe 1-Bedroom Oceanfront Suites are the very best accommodation units in our hotel. They feature a separate bedroom and spacious living room, two bathrooms, two balconies and unbeatable views of the Waikiki shoreline and iconic Diamond Head volcano. There is only one of these suites available on each of the building's floors from 1-16. Some guests prefer to be on the higher floors for a more panoramic view of the ocean while others prefer to be on the lower floors so they can have the incredible sounds, smells and sights of Waikiki beach virtually at their doorstep. Our experienced staff members are always intuitive of our guest needs after a few minutes of conversation and can make their recommendations for the most suitable room. Mahalo Nui Loa. We are glad you loved it here!

Reviewed 20 April 2014

Our second stay at this hotel, last time was pre renovations. The rooms are in good condition. We had booked a Ocean Front Spa Room, and the desk clerk was going to put us on the second floor, and I asked for a higher floor and he got a bit uppity about it. We also were not offered a an upgrade to a suite like last time ( which we gladly paid for). so not the greatest of starts, but after that we enjoyed our stay. The room had a magnificent view . We ate at Dukes for breakfast and lunch and Hula Grill for breakfast and Chucks for dinner. Had lobster tail at Chucks for a fraction of what you would pay in Australia. Service in all the restaurants was great as usual, even when they were fully booked an humming . Check out was smooth and Bell Hops all great guys .WIFI was ok too.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank blondoz34

Aloha blondoz34. Thank you for staying at the Outrigger Wiakiki on the Beach for the second time. Mahalo Nui Loa for your compliments about the magnificent views from our Deluxe Oceanfront room, all three of our beachfront restaurants and great service from the Bell Desk. We will look forward to welcoming you back on your third visit.

Reviewed 19 April 2014

This hotel is fantastic in many ways, for it's locality, for it's entertainment, for the beautiful views you have from your rooms and for its fantastic beach parties of a weekend. I personally love Saturdays at this hotel, for the beach party at Dukes, it is brilliant lovely drinks and cocktails brilliant music, fantastic atmosphere and spirit and you can watch the sun go down while you are dancing to Hotel California - I had the time of my life here!!

Room Tip: Any room in this hotel will display a beach view - I want to go here every year. I'm so holiday sick!!!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank luvdisneyengland

Aloha luvdisneyengland. Thank you for spending your holiday at the Outrigger Waikiki on the Beach. We are extremely happy to know that you had the time of your life here! We love that you love this hotel and hope to welcome you back soon for more Hawaiian sunsets and lovely beachfront cocktails. Mahalo Nui Loa.

Reviewed 18 April 2014

Very nice hotel and a great location. Stayed in room 1118 (Ocean view) and it had a great view of the beach. If you want to see the sunset from your room you need to be on the odd number side. All the dining at Outrigger was great as well as the staff. This hotel is right across from the "old" international marketplace - so great for getting around town. Rooms are nice and great for a shared space with a friend. All the dining was good here. Pool was great and steps to the beach. Go buy a raft at the ABC across the street for the beach. You have a refrigerator in the room as well so pick up snacks at ABC stores as well.

Room Tip: You want a room on a higher floor and for a beach view about the number range of 16-22 on any floor above 8. You can have a diamond head side or the "sunset" side - either is good. I was in 1118 and the view is very nice and no noise from below.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank vijocass

Aloha vijocass. Thank you for choosing the Outrigger Waikiki on the Beach. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay in one of our Oceanview rooms. Most of our rooms are spacious and can comfortably accommodate up to four adults - perfect for sharing with family and friends. Our rooms are also equipped with a refrigerator, coffee maker, hairdryer, iron and electronic safe to provide the basic comforts of home for all of our guests. Mahalo Nui Loa. We hope to welcome you and your friends back for another great stay.

Reviewed 18 April 2014

My husband and I just got back from 9 days in Waikiki. I had read a lot of reviews on the Outrigger Waikiki before I made my decision to book. My review will probably be like the other positive reviews. First off...the Outrigger is in the best location! Within walking distance to first class shopping, restaurants, bars and the Royal Hawaiian Luau which is conveniently located right next door! All the staff, from check in to maid service to bartenders to retail sales people were really exceptional. Everyone was very friendly. The hotel has the neatest vibe! I suspect it is because it is right on the beach and has great lively restaurants overlooking the gorgeous ocean. Pool bar service was a plus as you can't drink on the beach. I was there with my husband but kept on saying how much our kids would have enjoyed the whole scene. Very family orientated yet not too much. The restaurants were very good. From a casual lunch during the day at Dukes to Chucks Seafood restaurant for dinner. We ended up having three dinners (all ocean front seating) as the line ups in town at other restaurants were crazy busy. We couldn't believe our luck the first time we went to a Chucks and got an ocean front table without waiting or having a reservation! Wow! And the service was impeccable....food was great. The rooms are very clean, comfy beds, and the views were incredible. Maid service did a great job every day. Crisp clean towels. I remember saying to my husband that I was surprised not to see one single bug which is common in tropical destinations. Not even on the pool deck. All in all I was very impressed with the Outrigger and how much Waikiki had changed since we had last been there 15 years ago. All for the good. p.s. If you purchase anything from the hotel bathing suit store they give you 10% off. I did very well in that store and they had a great selection of bathing suits, cover ups and hats!! Hope my review helps you make a good solid decision on staying at the Outrigger Waikiki!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank greecerps

Aloha greecerps. Thank you for your recent stay at the Outrigger Waikiki on the Beach. We are so glad to hear that you were impressed by our convenient location, exceptional staff, oceanfront restaurants, clean comfortable rooms and lively vibe. As an added value for our guests, many of our stores on property offer a special discount for those who are staying in the hotel. At check-in, all guests are given a complimentary coupon book filled with special offers from restaurants, stores and activity operators in the nearby Waikiki area. It is wonderful that you found the perfect beach attire right in the hotel lobby. Mahalo Nui Loa for taking the time to write such an informative and thorough review.