“Haven’t stopped thinking about this place!”

Outrigger Waikiki Beach Resort
Ranked #14 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
Reviewed 12 June 2014

I really enjoyed my stay here! The rooms were nice, clean and a good size. The staff was wonderful! They were very helpful and accommodating. I was a bit confused about the elevators but once I got it, it was all good! I spent a lot of time at Dukes :) and really enjoyed that as well. The food and drinks were great. I met a lot of wonderful people and the bartenders made me feel like family. The property is in a great location for shopping as well as being beach front. I had no problems getting chairs in the morning by the pool. I can’t wait to return to this location. Haven’t stopped thinking about it! Rates are reasonable!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Jencolem
OutriggerWaikiki, Manager at Outrigger Waikiki Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Aloha Jencolem. Thank you for choosing the Outrigger Waikiki on the Beach. It is great to hear that you really enjoyed your stay with us and you found our staff to be wonderful. We are also delighted that you met a lot of friendly employees who made you feel like `ohana (family) at Duke's. Mahalo Nui Loa. We can't wait for you to return!

Write a ReviewReviews (4,962)

Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

In May, my husband and I stayed at this resort and loved it. It was centrally located and easily accessible from Honolulu Airport. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. We arrived early on our check in day and they were able to check us in to our room for some much needed sleep. Our room was perfect and we had a beautiful view of the beach from our balcony. There were endless dining options within the resort and it's surrounds. I will be staying here again next time I travel to Oahu.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank JAngus1985
OutriggerWaikiki, Manager at Outrigger Waikiki Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Aloha JAngus1985. Thank you for staying at the Outrigger Waikiki on the Beach this past May. It was our pleasure to have accommodated you and your husband with an early check-in on the day of your arrival. We are truly delighted to hear that you will be staying with again the next time you are on Oahu. Mahalo Nui Loa.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Came here for our honeymoon in September/October 2013. Check in was easy enough, although we tried to get an upgrade but couldn't due to high occupancy. The elevators often got cramped and full, and the hallways were narrow. We found our room a little cramped, but this wasn't a major issue as we weren't spending a lot of time in the room. The balcony was tiny, to small to sit outside and chill. We had a partial ocean view, but the view was not the greatest. Most of the view was taken up by the Cheesecake Factory roof, with a tiny slice of ocean. I do not think it is worth the money for partial or maybe even ocean view. I would either just go with the cheapest in future or splurge on oceanfront if I had the money. On the plus side, this hotel is in a prime location, in the heart of Waikiki, on the beach and right in the middle of the best restaurants and shopping. The restaurants on site were fantastic, we tried both Dukes and Hula Grill. I would stay here again, but I will probably try other options first next time I come to Waikiki.

Room Tip: The partial Ocean View we had on the North (Cheesecake Factory) was comfortable, but a little crampe...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank angie_robyn

Aloha angie_robyn. Ho`maika`i (Congratulations)! Thank you for celebrating your Honeymoon at the Outrigger Waikiki on the Beach. We are glad you enjoyed our prime location and on-site beachfront restaurants. Our hotel features Partial Ocean-view rooms on both the East and West sides of the building. Should your future travels bring you back for another stay, our staff will be happy to show you a room on both sides of the building so you find a unit best suited to your preferences. Mahalo Nui Loa.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Let me start off with the front desk, which is set up like multiple unlabeled banker desks in the lobby, you would have no idea where to go or who to talk to if you didn't constantly ask questions of how, where and why? Great question, why are the elevators a vision of the year 2046 invented in 1998? Was it worth saving $100 on each elevator by not having numbered floor buttons inside the elevators? Why, when I get out of the elevator does it feel like I'm staying on a cruise ship? The hallways are just narrow enough for one person to walk through with luggage, good luck if you're the lucky guest coming out of your room for ice and a family of stage 5 foreign tourists are wheeling down the hall with everything from strollers to luggage. Open your door with the same scan your key elevator concept, and into your lower deck cabin/water closet. These rooms are small and congested; sure the furniture is nice, but nice furniture in a closet is just disturbing, these renovations are unrealistic and unreasonable. The pool is bigger than the holiday inn; however, the deck is congested and stuffy, and the only way to get to the pool is to interrupt dining guests at Dukes. The people are nice, I'll give it that, but there are much nicer places to stay in Waikiki on the beach for less money. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone ever.

• Stayed: June 2014
9  Thank JohnnyCards

Aloha JohnnyCards. Thank you for staying at the Outrigger Waikiki on the Beach. We are very sorry to hear that you were confused by our hotel setup and newly upgraded elevator system. The decor throughout our property is intended to create a relaxing, welcoming and safe environment for our guests from the beginning of their stay to their day of departure. Our reception desk is situated in our upper lobby with sit-down check-in stations and an inviting seating area. There are no stanchions or queues; however, there is complimentary iced water service and Hawaiian music for guests to enjoy in the rare occasion they cannot be immediately assisted by our friendly Front Desk staff. All of our guest elevators were completely renovated in 2013 and we are proud to be one of the first hotels in Hawai`i to have one of the safest and most efficient elevator models on the market. Our elevators feature a key access security device so non-guests will not be able to reach any of the floors on which our rooms are located. To operate the elevators, guests simply tap their room keys on the elevator call button and enter their destination floor number on the connecting keypad. Since there are four elevators, the system determines which elevator will arrive at the guest's floor in the shortest amount of time and directs them to the appropriate lift. We are truly honored to be a family-friendly hotel with International visitors from all areas of the world throughout the year. While this may mean there are more children, strollers and luggage to be seen on property, we are happy to be able to accommodate everyone in our spacious rooms and facilities. Mahalo Nui Loa for taking the time to post your feedback about your stay with us. We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

We stayed in adjoining rooms with our 2 college daughters and we all loved it! You are right in the beach with surfing paddle boarding etc all there. pool is nice and convenient. You have several great restaurant right in the building-Dukes, Hula Grill and both had great service and very good food. Rooms are very nice, nice size bathrooms, comfortable beds. Go with oceanview not partial ocean view. No need to rent a car. Great shopping and restaurants right outside your door!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Cari M
OutriggerWaikiki, Manager at Outrigger Waikiki Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Aloha Cari M. Thank you for spending your family vacation at the Outrigger Waikiki on the Beach. We are very conveniently located for guests of all ages to enjoy a fun-filled and activity-packed stay. The popular stretch of Waikiki beach in front of our hotel is perfect for surfing, swimming, canoe-paddling and snorkeling. On the opposite side of our property is Waikiki's main strip, Kalakaua Avenue, which is an internationally famous shopping and dining destination for visitors from around the world. To enjoy the best of what Oahu has to offer, there really is no need for guests to rent a car if they are staying with us. Mahalo Nui Loa.

Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

In May my dentist and I hit Dukes for a few days. We both have been to Honolulu many times and we had a great time at the bar. Thanks to Kirk who kept our glasses full. We both needed a break and a short trip was in order. My wife and I will be heading there soon as the boys trip is now out of the way!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Aloha Bruce B. Thank you for your recent stay at the Outrigger Waikiki on the Beach. It is nice to hear that return visitors to the Waikiki area frequent our property and also Duke's Waikiki. We are very proud to be home to three of Waikiki's best beachfront restaurants - Duke's Waikiki, Hula Grill and Chuck's Steakhouse. Mahalo Nui Loa and A Hui Hou (until we meet again).

Reviewed 6 June 2014

My first stay at the Outriggers Waikiki on the beach, and it was on the beach. The location was great, get up early in the morning go down for a swim and return to my room and sit on the balcony. I had a deluxe oceanview room with a view to Diamond Head and it was superb. I found the room to be quite spacious, and the staff very helpful and friendly. The pool was nice, although I tended to swim in the ocean but it was great having a lounge seat by the pool to relax. Handy was Duke's and the other restaurants especially when the weather was wet. However it was an easy walk to other restaurants. Definitely would stay there again.

Room Tip: Room on a high level with a view of Diamond Head.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank travellingtomonttrem

Aloha travellingtomomttrem. Thank you for staying at the Outrigger Waikiki on the Beach for the first time. Our Deluxe Ocean-view category rooms are in the next best location to our Oceanfront units and suites. They are all situated on the Diamond Head side of the building with generous views of the beach from spacious balconies. It is wonderful to know that you had a great stay with us in one of these rooms and you will definitely stay here again. Mahalo Nui Loa.